status of Clarion JAX airport?

Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
status of Clarion JAX airport?

The Clarion Jacksonville airport has disappeared from the Choice website a couple of months ago. Choice CS told me that this hotel is currently not bookable on their website, but all confirmed reservations would be honored. And that they don't have any further information on the situation of this hotel.

Is this hotel still a Choice Privileges member hotel?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:59 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...-14-suite.html

I can make some suggestions if you are looking for a Jax hotel but be prepared to pay $100 +/-
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Well, it's been up for sale since last summer.

Shh. Don't tell anyone.

"CONFIDENTIAL DO NOT TALK TO EMPLOYEES CALL AGENT FOR PRIVATE TOUR"

At one point, this hotel was completely gone from the Choice website. Now it's back, but isn't taking reservations. I have no idea why.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
I have stayed at this location a number of times, and was also disappointed to see it no longer listed.

I'm in Jacksonville Beach right now, at the Comfort Inn Oceanfront (an outstandind choice hotels property), and stopped by the hotel to ask what is going on. The manager on duty said that the owners are in negociations with the Wyndham chain, and will go with them if a deal is made. If not, they will revert back to Choice.

The hotel signs still say Clarion, the vans still hace the Choice hotels web site and 800 number. It still looks for all purposes as a Clarion, but you can't book thru Choicehotels.com or earn/use points.

So it may come back to Choice, or change to a Wyndhan.

While I liked the location of this property (an easy walk to/from the airport), I have since used the Comfort Suites location near JAX, and it has worked out well. Not as convenient unless you have a car, but the staff is friendly, the propery well maintained, and there are a number of restaurants/bars within walking distance.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Received this today from choicehotels.com

Dear Valued Guest,

From time to time, hotels switch brand affiliations. We like to keep you informed of these changes so you may continue to stay at Choice brand hotels and take advantage of all our promotions and partner offers as well as the Choice Privileges® rewards program.

Our records indicate that you stayed at the Clarion Hotel Airport Conference Center, 2101 Dixie Clipper Drive, Jacksonville, FL. We wanted to let you know that this hotel is no longer associated with the Clarion brand or Choice Hotels International®. View alternate hotel choices in the Jacksonville area.

Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotels. We hope to see you again soon at any of our over 6,000 Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Ascend Collection®, Cambria Suites®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay®, Econo Lodge® and Rodeway Inn® hotels.

Remember, you can earn Choice Privileges® points for eligible stays at Choice properties.
Not a member? Start putting your stays to work for you, join today.

Book your next stay!

Sorry to see the location go. It worked out well for JAX. I loved using points as it was so cheap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.