FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   4/19 Discover America Promo Results Post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1207380-4-19-discover-america-promo-results-post.html)

booyaa Apr 19, 2011 7:27 pm

4/19 Discover America Promo Results Post

For those who went after the deal, did you get the points deposited yet?

I know for myself and some others, there was a glitch in the beginning of sale, where they were asking for ABC-1234 whereas I believe the member numbers were DEF56789. I simply put in DEF-5678 in hopes that either that's good enough, they will find my member number, or they will contact me.

The glitch was fixed later on. Did you get in on the promo? If so, did you have the member number problem? And did your points post?

and FYI, there are still points for sale!

Ispolkom Apr 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa (Post 16247838)
For those who went after the deal, did you get the points deposited yet?

Last year it took a few days, 4-5, maybe. I would imagine that it will take at least a few days for people, like you, who entered truncated forms of their member number. They'll have to have humans do the matching, and perhaps verify that they have the correct account.

booyaa Apr 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ispolkom (Post 16248106)
Last year it took a few days, 4-5, maybe. I would imagine that it will take at least a few days for people, like you, who entered truncated forms of their member number. They'll have to have humans do the matching, and perhaps verify that they have the correct account.

Yea, figured that. Just trying to stay informed when those get processed and I (or anyone else) am not left out and not receiving them.

w0r1dtrave1er Apr 19, 2011 8:33 pm

I will report when mine post. It did take my number as is.

pbd456 Apr 20, 2011 12:03 am

i have sent CP another email with my userid + all confirmations number. hope the 216000 points posted soon as i need them for next week.

Vacation time Apr 20, 2011 6:42 am

clutch move creating another tread I started the dropping of numbers because I was trying hard to hit on one deal already. In the back of my mind I knew they would have to make sure the correct account received the points with Amex cards involved, very friendly with disputes.

iahphx Apr 20, 2011 6:43 am

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 16248909)
i have sent CP another email with my userid + all confirmations number. hope the 216000 points posted soon as i need them for next week.

Good luck with that. I hate to be pessimistic, but I'd plan on making other plans -- especially if you had to enter the wrong Privileges number to complete your purchase.

I did send off an email to DailyGetaways giving them my correct Privileges number and confirmation numbers.

I'll consider myself fortunate if the points get to my account in 2 weeks.

carraher Apr 20, 2011 7:28 am

I tried to get the Cambria Suites deal exactly at 11am CDT. 150 available. When I hit buy, got message that it was in someone else's cart and try later in case they didnt follow through with purchase. Kept trying until message said "sold out". :confused:

Donna49 Apr 20, 2011 8:25 am

Originally Posted by carraher (Post 16250071)
I tried to get the Cambria Suites deal exactly at 11am CDT. 150 available. When I hit buy, got message that it was in someone else's cart and try later in case they didnt follow through with purchase. Kept trying until message said "sold out". :confused:

I experienced the exact same thing. Frustrating, as the T&C of the sale limit you to two of each (Cambria, Choice, Choice Suites). I was able to get 2 Choice and 2 Choice Suites, and wanted to get 2 Cambria for a max points buy.

After being unable to buy Cambria, Choice was still available, but as I had 2 already, it would not work. As each package just provides points, and not restricted to a particular brand (such as Cambria), I wonder why they just don't put a limit on the total points purchased.

I also e-mailed with the purchase confirmation numbers and my "real" choice account number (had to drop the last digit for it to be accepted). It may take a while, but I'll post here when they show up in my account.

Wish I had seen this last year. I found it a good deal for me. Wish I could have purchased all 6 packages.

pbd456 Apr 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 16249847)
Good luck with that. I hate to be pessimistic, but I'd plan on making other plans -- especially if you had to enter the wrong Privileges number to complete your purchase.

I did send off an email to DailyGetaways giving them my correct Privileges number and confirmation numbers.

I'll consider myself fortunate if the points get to my account in 2 weeks.

i am preparing to have alternate plan for next week. thanks.

actually, because i jsut got my CP account.
the member name is not random at all.
it is
XYZabcd0
where XZ is my initial, and abcd is last 4 digits in my phone number.
i suspect that i am the yth member with the initial XZ and first member with the 4 digit phone number abcd.
that is why i just truncate the 0 in the first place.

lkar Apr 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Dear Valued Choice Privileges® Member,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any frustration you may have encountered yesterday while trying to purchase one of the Daily Getaway’s Choice Privileges packages available through the Discover America U.S. Travel website.

As promised, all Choice Privileges points will be posted to your account within 10 business days. In the event that there is a problem locating a member account, the Choice Service Center will be in touch with you to make sure your points are deposited correctly. Again, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies. We greatly appreciate your business and the ability to provide you with continued service and travel options.

Sincerely,

The Choice Privileges Team

lkar Apr 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 16248909)
hope the 216000 points posted soon as i need them for next week.

If you don't mind my asking, how were you able to complete so many transactions so quickly? Did you have to do each one individually? In other words, did you buy one, complete the entire payment process, then go back and buy another? Or is there a way to add multiple packages to your cart and then buy all at once. Just curious because I'm going to be trying another deal later in the promo and I'd like to buy 3 packages, but doubt I'll have enough time given my typing speed.

pbd456 Apr 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 16253472)
If you don't mind my asking, how were you able to complete so many transactions so quickly? Did you have to do each one individually? In other words, did you buy one, complete the entire payment process, then go back and buy another? Or is there a way to add multiple packages to your cart and then buy all at once. Just curious because I'm going to be trying another deal later in the promo and I'd like to buy 3 packages, but doubt I'll have enough time given my typing speed.

i gave my credit cards to two friends and asked them to do it.
but because of the number problem, i ended up did 3 transactions myself in 15 minutes. :)
entering the payment info is quite quick. one minute each?

hogo74 Apr 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 16253450)
Dear Valued Choice Privileges® Member,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any frustration you may have encountered yesterday while trying to purchase one of the Daily Getaway’s Choice Privileges packages available through the Discover America U.S. Travel website.

As promised, all Choice Privileges points will be posted to your account within 10 business days. In the event that there is a problem locating a member account, the Choice Service Center will be in touch with you to make sure your points are deposited correctly. Again, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies. We greatly appreciate your business and the ability to provide you with continued service and travel options.

Sincerely,

The Choice Privileges Team

I received that same email (once), I did two separate purchases yesterday.

lkar Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 16253493)
i gave my credit cards to two friends and asked them to do it.
but because of the number problem, i ended up did 3 transactions myself in 15 minutes. :)
entering the payment info is quite quick. one minute each?

Aha! Good idea.

You're a quicker typist than I, plainly.