FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   If you use Choice points to top off WN credits, check out WN RR 2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1168855-if-you-use-choice-points-top-off-wn-credits-check-out-wn-rr-2-0-a.html)

toomanybooks Jan 6, 2011 7:49 am

If you use Choice points to top off WN credits, check out WN RR 2.0

I know a lot of folks here use Choice points to get a few WN RR credits for an award.

Effective 3/1/11, there is a new WN RR program you might want to learn about.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-1-2011-a.html

Firewind Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I think that I'm finding that, despite the gutting of the transfer rate, it's advantage:WN this round. Endgames do tend to shift the supply-demand curve with these incentive programs, and having an old-fashion RR 1.0 award is going to be devoutly to be wished for...

And thanks for briniging this up here, toomanybooks, so that RR 2.0 related issues might be discussed by themselves, rather than in the 900-post thread.

rove312 Jan 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Has anything been announced about what the transfer rate will be? By default, it would be 6000 Choice points to 1800 RR, which means $30 towards an award flight. One wouldn't expect the transfer rate to get better than that, it could get worse, and under 2.0 there won't be the incentive to use Choice points to top off an award to time when it's issued and expires. I suppose I'll use this with my points, which would give me 3 credits and leave me with a balance of 4.5.

Matthewski Jan 31, 2011 3:43 pm

I am still waiting for some that I transferred 1-11-11 to show up. I don't ever remember it taking anywhere near this long.

nitro Jan 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Matthewski (Post 15774359)
I am still waiting for some that I transferred 1-11-11 to show up. I don't ever remember it taking anywhere near this long.

You're not alone....I had 3 transactions on 1/9, 2 on 1/12 and 1 on 1/15....nothing posted to WN yet. It's been years since I've utilized the Choice to WN option - I seem to recall it taking quite some time.

rove312 Jan 31, 2011 10:18 pm

It's usually happened the following Monday. I made a request on 12/31/10 that took a week (maybe 9-10 days) longer than expected.

BigTuna1 Feb 4, 2011 2:04 am

Nitro , Have your points transfered yet ? I am still waiting for my transactions from
the 9th also. It has never taken this long. Think it's a Southwest thing, everybody trying to make transfers before March 1st ?

GumboCook Feb 9, 2011 9:56 am

My SWA credits finally posted and they were backdated !

my Choice Pts redemptions on 1/5 and 1/6 showed up in my SWA RR account today (2/9) and SWA backdated the postings to 1/6 and 1/7 ( 1 day after I redeemed on Choice points site). I was wondering if that would happen...

Mr. July Feb 9, 2011 10:18 am

Same here - The xfer points I was needing to get the RR account where I need it to be Mar 1 finally showed up this morning.

The points were backdated to 1/21 (roughly when I put in the request with Choice).

nitro Feb 10, 2011 11:11 am

Originally Posted by nitro (Post 15775773)
You're not alone....I had 3 transactions on 1/9, 2 on 1/12 and 1 on 1/15....nothing posted to WN yet. It's been years since I've utilized the Choice to WN option - I seem to recall it taking quite some time.

Update - No logic (as far as I'm concerned) as to why it seems that Choice posted a bunch of folks credits yesterday but mine showed up as well.

FWIW - my requests show up as three separate transactions in the WN system with post dates identical to the request date

Firewind Feb 10, 2011 6:32 pm

I'll bet that ChoicePrivileges just got backed up in their sweeps. Perhaps evidence of of the new-found increased value and large transfer rate of Choice => Rapid Rewards? Pray that Choice recognizes this for what it is, and it doesn't trigger another (unannounced/retroactive/inept :mad:) devaluation by Choice. Anyway, we do know that Choice bunches their transfers in (usually weekly) "sweeps".

And, separately, that Southwest officially dates the activity to the date of the activity. Which, by the way, has been a frustration to RR 1.0 in that it moved up the ensuing earning deadline for the next award, sometimes dramatically, when a delinquent .5 from a months-earlier car rental would show up with that activity's date. I digress. That doesn't matter anymore -- or does it?

BigTuna1 Feb 11, 2011 7:16 am

Firewind you are correct. I received a call from Choice yesterday telling me that Southwest kicked out my transfer because they "cap" the number of points in a day. I sent in a requested transfer for 35 points their (Southwest) limit is 33 points in a day so my request was sent back to Choice. A very freindly choice employee called me and explained the "cap" (I think I remember reading it in the terms and conditions but forgot). They re-loaded my Choice points and told me to send my request in on two different days and all will be fine. I asked if that is the reason for the month delay in transfers, she indicated it was. I told her the transfer needs to be completed by 3/1/11, she indicated if the request was done this week I should see the Southwest credits on Feb 22nd or 23rd.

Firewind Feb 12, 2011 2:17 pm

BigTuna1, I think you're confirming/uncovering several things here. Thank you.

One thing that's really becoming apparent is that - per the "Feb 22nd or 23rd" point told to you on the 10th - while Choice is holding at the current conversion rate, there's good reason not to wait until the last week to request the transfer(s) just to eek out the latest possible Rapid Reward expiry date. The delay described may indicate that things are getting more backed up. Nice to hear that the tone was so service-minded, too, as CP wasn't a happy place the last time they were.

starflyer Feb 13, 2011 2:30 pm

I requested point transfers to multiple airlines (including Southwest) on Feb 5 2011, and the credits/miles have not yet appeared in any of the airline accounts.

starflyer Feb 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer (Post 15857087)
I requested point transfers to multiple airlines (including Southwest) on Feb 5 2011, and the credits/miles have not yet appeared in any of the airline accounts.

Southwest credits appeared in my account around 14 Feb 2011, dated 5 Feb 2011.