FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Choice Points brought back from the dead ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1165769-choice-points-brought-back-dead.html)

runCMD Dec 30, 2010 9:35 am

Choice Points brought back from the dead ?

Anyone here had any luck re-activating points that you let expire. ?
I foolishly let 40K points expire on my Choice Card ... and NOW I feel the pain.
I've written customer svc - but received no response as yet.

runCMD Dec 30, 2010 3:59 pm

you can't always get what you want ...

I got my answer - thought I'd share for the next schmuck that wonders. :(

Thank you for your email Donny,

I checked your records, and confirmed that you had 38317 points expired on December 31st. 2009. This is in accordance with the rules that state, Choice Privileges points expire on December 31st of the year that occurs two years after the points are initially earned. That gives you at least two years of opportunity to redeem them for free nights and other rewards.

Be sure to monitor your account closely in the future for points that are scheduled to expire at the end of each year. Point expiration information can be found on your quarterly statement. You can also get your account information at any time by accessing your account on line at www.choiceprivileges.com.

Thank you for your inquiry. I appreciate your membership with Choice Privileges. I look forward to hearing from you should you need any further assistance.

Sarah R
Email Resolution Desk
Of course, my preference is the way Delta handles it. If you are absent minded enough to let points expire that you 'earned' - then we'll give you an opportunity to pay to have them restored. Just a small token to remind you that it costs us money to maintain these electronic records. I'd pay a smidgen.

enginero Jan 2, 2011 12:45 am

Ahh, I feel your pain. It might be worth poking a bit to say how the reinstatement of said point might spur more Choice reservations for you in the coming year.

runCMD Jan 4, 2011 4:14 am

I complain once. Then I walk.
Same way with food and airline.
If I feel justified that I am right - and I still feel wronged ... I walk.

With the response from customer service being absolutely legal within their rules ... but absolutely anti keep-the-customer in their response ...

I'll walk. I'm plat with Marriott and have generally been treated very well ... even when I've been wrong ;)

I have the Choice Visa ... now, what do I do with that!

sc flier Jan 4, 2011 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by runCMD (Post 15578530)
I have the Choice Visa ... now, what do I do with that!

Cut it in two and mail half of it to their director of customer service with an explanation of your opinion of their policies.

runCMD Jan 5, 2011 4:06 am

Originally Posted by sc flier (Post 15582610)
Cut it in two and mail half of it to their director of customer service with an explanation of your opinion of their policies.

lol, Thats a great way to start the year. ^

out with the old
in with the new
out with the dis-loyal
in with the true.

DaveH Mar 6, 2011 10:40 am

FWIW, I just realized that Ms DaveH had 135K points expire on Dec 31 2009. Naturally, no email, letter, or any other warnings.

Thanks for comfirming my intution that there's nothing to be done.