Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

1 month advance cancel deadline at GSO CS?

Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

I stayed at the GSO Comfort Suites during the summer and was satisfied with the experience especially since travelling with a pet and making the reservation while actually on the road. I made a reservation a month later but cancelled on the day of arrival when I got a better deal at the Marriott RI across the street.

I am on another driving trip and staying at an RDU hotel with a reservation for the GSO CS next week as I return toward the west after going to Fayetteville. Only tonight did I notice that my cancellation deadline was a full month in advance of the reservation.

Since my reservation was Dec 21 and I had never heard of such an absurd deadline, I previously glanced at the small print with the cancel date of Nov 21 and did not realize the difference in months.

Has anyone heard of this? I stay in hotels in cities around the world and just could not image that a CS in GSO would do this but it is confirmed when I check the reservation on the Choice web.

I will obviously try to make the reservation but I have a project related to my work that could change my return schedule. Do I have any options or is this pay up regardless?

Last edited by Xeno; Dec 17, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.