Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

(6) 1000 point free choice priveleges points

Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hh diamond, cp diamond priority club plat Alaska 75k Delta Gold

Hello

Today in the mail i got my renewal diamond card for choice privileges. Inside were 6 coupons (attached together the size of a sheet of paper) that i am supposed to give to the clerk for recognizing my elite status. As they did not specify diamond status, i would guess that these will stuffed in with others as well.

Called another diamond friend, and his contained the same 6 coupons.

I normally would not look closely at the chaff in the envelope. good luck

Wads
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except ... you don't get the points, the staff member gets the points (if I'm reading it correctly).

Which is nice, I suppose, but I'm unclear where this provides me an incentive to go through the trouble. I suppose it's an effort by Choice to incentivize their staff to start doing something about their elite members, but I dunno if it'll work.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

you are correct, op post is wrong

Originally Posted by BigLar
Except ... you don't get the points, the staff member gets the points (if I'm reading it correctly).

Which is nice, I suppose, but I'm unclear where this provides me an incentive to go through the trouble. I suppose it's an effort by Choice to incentivize their staff to start doing something about their elite members, but I dunno if it'll work.

Just called grand junction, the points do go to the hotel clerk, not to us.

Is it too late to change this thread to 6 please give me an upgrade beg coupons?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would you get points for providing a compliment to someone else?
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar
I suppose it's an effort by Choice to incentivize their staff to start doing something about their elite members, but I dunno if it'll work.
I don't see how it will work, especially during the current promo, if they don't fix their hotel computer systems so that it can keep track of elite status and airilne reward number at the same time!

I continue (this week) to have issues with them not seeing my elite status, in fact not seeing I'm a Choice member at all (expressing surprise when I hand them a Choice Visa to pay for the stay!), because I've chosen airline rewards at reservation time, and that's all their system shows them.

At one Comfort Inn I stay at a lot, some days they don't have enough newspapers for everyone, and they prioritize by elite status, but since they don't see my elite status, I get zero priority and thus no paper!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Smile what i have found to ensure that i have airline miles selected

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't see how it will work, especially during the current promo, if they don't fix their hotel computer systems so that it can keep track of elite status and airilne reward number at the same time!

I continue (this week) to have issues with them not seeing my elite status, in fact not seeing I'm a Choice member at all (expressing surprise when I hand them a Choice Visa to pay for the stay!), because I've chosen airline rewards at reservation time, and that's all their system shows them.

At one Comfort Inn I stay at a lot, some days they don't have enough newspapers for everyone, and they prioritize by elite status, but since they don't see my elite status, I get zero priority and thus no paper!
I, like you am currently using the 3x promotion as an airline promo (southwest). i have been calling the 800 number and making my reservations that way. They early in the call ask for my choice number, and after we find the hotel, i ask them if they know how to select miles as my program of choice. I am 5 for 7 on this deal, 2 did not know how. On the first one, after i got my confirmation email, which showed points, i called the platinum line and had it changed. On the second call, and at the suggestion of the lady in grand junction (at the platinum desk), i hung up and called back. By doing this, and making sure that the registration is first in the choice number, you will also get those stays towards the 40 nights you need to keep platinum status. (i have 2 so far that have already showed up, as i am doing miles)
As far as getting the benifits, i can't be much help.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

here is what it shows.

Elite Status: Diamond
YTD eligible nights toward Gold: 2

This is in the box that looks like a thermometer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.