Search

Inexpensive Shanghai Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM
Inexpensive Shanghai Hotel?

Hi all,

Tapping the collective wisdom here to find a good, inexpensive Shanghai hotel, ideally less than $100US per night. Any suggestions? Central Shanghai or Pudong would be fine. Thanks in advance!

Joe
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
what is your time frame?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:57 pm

Programs: Many
Pudong is easier to provide recommendations for, but across the river Puxi covers a much wider area. If you could be more specific in terms of area as well, more folks could assist.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:58 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
For the month of July, these hotels are showing rates under/around $100: Mayfair, City Hotel, Four Points Daning, Regal Shanghai East Asia Hotel, Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai-Pudong, Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, Park Hotel. You can also try Ctrip or elong.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 4:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I find myself in the same boat frequently (well, not really "me" because I have a crappy apartment in SH, but we often hit that place with 6+ in tow).... so here are my thoughts:

-$80 will get you the Jinjiang Sofitel (near the Maglev station) on Priceline
-there are scores of above average Chinese hotels that don't sell out even when the flags price through the roof; focus on Jing'an, Shanghai, Yan'an, and Hengshan hotels, all of which are nicely situated (less so, the latter)
-check out the Pan Harvest (go for the suites only); while my hook-up no longer works there, the rates still provide a great bang for the buck; PM me if they try to screw you and I'll try to latch you onto my rates (y400 and climbing, but not all that rapidly)

BTW, in spite of the fact that it is the most comfortable and arguably a true 5*, I suggest you only use the Sofitel as a last resort because location is important in SH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.