Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

How best to exchange dollars into Yuan at Beijing Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How best to exchange dollars into Yuan at Beijing Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by mtfitzgerald
Correct advice.... I just arrived this morning and changed Swiss Francs. Rate inside customs about 8% worse than rate outside customs. Even the hotel rate for cash (Grand Hyatt) about 5% better than the Travelex and other one inside customs. Advice that rates are the same everywhere is just wrong.

Flight from Zurich arrives at 5:15 a.m. when terminal 3E is in the dark. Only three taxis at the official 3C taxi stand, none of whom were willing to put on the meter. Negotiated down to 180, so still about 30 or 40 higher than it should have been.
Travelex is the worst option pretty much everywhere in the world although relatively less so in Beijing than what I have seen in other countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.