Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Booking flight in China: What does this mean?

Old Jun 25, 2006, 9:43 am
GVA
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP

"Sorry! The seats to your booking are insufficient. we have put up your application to the airline company for the alternative record."

That is what I get after having used Yoee to make a reservation.

Does this mean I am somewhat confirmed somewhere?? What procedures must I take?

I haven't yet paid using a credit card nor received any email from them.

Old Jun 25, 2006, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by GVA
"Sorry! The seats to your booking are insufficient. we have put up your application to the airline company for the alternative record."

I have had similar responses before, I would interpret it to mean they have no seats on the flight you choose and you should choose a new one. Make a new reservation, especially since you have not paid for this one. They may try to contact you and tell you that you need to make a new one.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by GVA

In simple terms it means that the Chinese are not very good at the Elgish language!

In practical terms I'd guess it means you've been waitlisted.

I'm not sure where you are - but generally the best way to book domestic flights in China is to walk into a travel agent in China, in person. They print the ticket on the spot and if language is a barrier then writing down something like 'PVG-PEK 2006/8/24 RMB????' should work.

Booking a couple of days in advance is fine, and turning up at the airport normally works as well.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by phillipas
In simple terms it means that the Chinese are not very good at the Elgish language!

In practical terms I'd guess it means you've been waitlisted.

I'm not sure where you are - but generally the best way to book domestic flights in China is to walk into a travel agent in China, in person. They print the ticket on the spot and if language is a barrier then writing down something like 'PVG-PEK 2006/8/24 RMB????' should work.

Booking a couple of days in advance is fine, and turning up at the airport normally works as well.
In my experience with flying in China there is no such thing as a waiting list for booking domestic tickets. Either there are tickets or their aren't. I booked with yoee.com recently and got a similar messgage. I waited several days and finally contact them and they said that there were no seats at the fare I had chosen so I should make a new reservation. That is why I suggest you make a new booking, or as phillipas suggested you can wait and book at the airport in China
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:31 pm

This is my first message on FlyerTalk. I am trying to find out any information, reviews on using air china to fly from LAX to Beijing in business class. I have see a few reviews on the web that make Air China sound like a bad ariline to fly. Please respond.
Thanks
Rwing
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by rwing
This is my first message on FlyerTalk. I am trying to find out any information, reviews on using air china to fly from LAX to Beijing in business class. I have see a few reviews on the web that make Air China sound like a bad ariline to fly. Please respond.
Thanks
Rwing
Hey rwing welcome to Flyertalk!

If you click on this link >>> Business Class on Air China and China Airlines it may answer your question.

If you click on Forums >> Airline Programs >> Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs, you can find information about Air China by clicking on "search" on the upper right hand side and entering "Air China" - hope that helps, Ken.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.