Was I overcharged at McDonalds?

Subscribe
Am in Wuhan with my 2 young children. Visited 'Mcdonalds and price posted for vanilla ice cream cones was 2 yuan. Was charged 4 yuan. Had my daughter ask about i( she speaks Chinese) and was told the price was 4 yuan. Was the old price pictured on the bottom of the counter outdated, or was I overcharged?
You are worried about 2RMB?
I never saw ice cream at M for 2RMB.
Sundae was 6rmb in 2009 ;-)

Could have been a promotion at y2 and it ended.

圆筒冰淇淋

Yea they rigged the McD POS to rip folks off 2 RMB at a time. Lol
I went to a different McDs about 1/2 mile down the road. The 2y price was again prominently displayed. Again I was charged 4Y. The good news is that I watched a Chinese person buy a cone, and, by the change, I could tell that she was charged 4 Y. Really strange that the wrong price would be so prominently displayed.

To those making mirth of the small amount, I would say that I negotiate a lot in business, and I always want to understand the culture in deal with. If I, as a foreigner was being charged double, it would be revealing in a negative way. Glad to say the potentially negative connotation was not true.

From my reading of the photo, it's second serving half price.
I doubt that a chain would be charging more to Caucasians.
Tentseller- '“From my reading of the photo, it's second serving half price“

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense of everything.
Quote: Tentseller- 'From my reading of the photo, it's second serving half price

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense of everything.
So, we can presume you can't actually read the local language to see what the ad was saying?
Quote: So, we can presume you can't actually read the local language to see what the ad was saying?
Are you trying to use facts to suggest OP wasn't discriminated against? That is fake news.

Beijing has same deal on their new grey
"sky" ice cream...5
Buy 2 cones get second one half price
半价.

Yeah! Black Sesame Ice Cream

Quote: So, we can presume you can't actually read the local language to see what the ad was saying?

Yes, and I saw no indication of any other price anywhere. All I saw was 2y and I had a reasonable question which has been answered . One would expect the actual price to be prominently displayed somewhere.
This occurs more often than you think

Quote: I doubt that a chain would be charging more to Caucasians.
Hilarious!