Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATMs / money exchange - Beijing Capital Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

ATMs / money exchange - Beijing Capital Airport

Upon arrival at terminal 2 will want to get $250 or so in Chinese money from an ATM.

Are ATMs easy to find?
Are any particular ones better than others?

Upon departure at terminal 3 will want to change any leftover Chinese money into USD.
Any easy-to-locate, recommended money-exchange desks for doing this?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:09 am

It's been a while since I was in PEK and don't remember which terminal I was in and don't recall a currency exchange (but there must be one somewhere). There were a couple of ATMs but only at one of them could I use my ATM card. The ATM I used only dispensed 100 CNY notes (about $15) so you might want to buy a soda or something before getting a cab (if that's your plan). I didn't and naturally my fare came to 103 CNY.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
It's been a while since I was in PEK...There were a couple of ATMs but only at one of them could I use my ATM card.
Thanks, sbjnyc.

Does anyone else have current information on the ATMs? Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:06 am

I never go to T2 as I usually land in T3 but I know about Google: http://en.bcia.com.cn/server/installation/bank.shtml
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:35 pm

ATMs at both T3 and T2 are easy to find. Never had trouble to use them with "major" credit cards (ie, Visa/Mastercard)

There is cash exchange too, but honestly the rates aren't great. Some even charge high "base fee".

I'd get a fee-free cash withdrawal creditcard (If you're located in Europe, Germany's DKB card is great, other areas might have other fee-free cards) - it's easiest done. Not just in China but anywhere in the world you avoid the hassle of exchanging money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.