Reload this Page >

Credit card for Field Hotel Mianyang

Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Delta Gold

Greetings,
And a question for the experts. I am going to Mianyang a suburb of Chengdu, staying at the Field Hotel Mianyang. Does anyone know if the hotel accepts US credit cards for payment or do I need cash? Also about the local area, I'm assuming I'll need cash for restaurants or can I survive on credit cards? I'll be there for a week.

Thank you
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:43 am

A hotel that expensive certainly should accept international credit cards. But if you want to be absolutely sure, it looks like you can book and prepay that hotel on Agoda.

As to other places, your card may work but don't count on it. Even at places that prominently display a Visa or Mastercard logo.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: various
You'll need cash for most everything else around Mianyang--restaurants, taxis, miscellaneous, etc. For a week in China in that area, just pull out RMB 1000 from an ATM when you arrive (presumably at Chengdu airport?). That should be enough to cover you if the hotel room is paid for with credit card. Any excess you can change back at an airport bank counter when you leave.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Delta Gold
Sounds good. Thanks again for the responses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.