Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For the money transferring problem from hk to china

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Exclamation For the money transferring problem from hk to china

As transferring money from hk to mainland cities, the mainland citizen always recommend to using the WeChat transferring money and actually that is a trouble for hongkonger to work on it.
I had tried linking my Credit card to the account which is not success. I hate keep calling mainland friend to help me pay for the fees also I have hear people mentioned that can open an account in mainland, but how can a hongkongese open an account in mainland bank?
It might can be a stupid question and looking for a answer

Sorry and thank you so much buddies
Old May 20, 2017, 8:39 am

It's not a problem to open a bank account in the Mainland, even if you're not resident there. You will need a Mainland address, but it's a formality since Chinese banks never mail you anything. Of course you need to go Shenzhen to open the account, deposit cash and otherwise do account maintenance from time to time.

You will also need, certainly, a Mainland mobile number. Note that working with your Mainland bank account may sometimes require receiving an SMS with a code, and unless your SIM card can roam outside the Mainland, you can't receive the SMS in Hong Kong. The dual-number SIMs sold in Shamshuipo usually don't have this problem.

Consider carefully which Mainland bank you use; some are more welcoming than others and some have online banking which is very very difficult to use, while others are just very difficult to use. CMB generally gets good marks.

Note that in Shenzhen some banks may want to see a temporary lodging slip from the PSB when you open an account.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 889
It's not a problem to open a bank account in the Mainland, even if you're not resident there. You will need a Mainland address, but it's a formality since Chinese banks never mail you anything. Of course you need to go Shenzhen to open the account, deposit cash and otherwise do account maintenance from time to time.

You will also need, certainly, a Mainland mobile number. Note that working with your Mainland bank account may sometimes require receiving an SMS with a code, and unless your SIM card can roam outside the Mainland, you can't receive the SMS in Hong Kong. The dual-number SIMs sold in Shamshuipo usually don't have this problem.

Consider carefully which Mainland bank you use; some are more welcoming than others and some have online banking which is very very difficult to use, while others are just very difficult to use. CMB generally gets good marks.

Note that in Shenzhen some banks may want to see a temporary lodging slip from the PSB when you open an account.
Dear what if I don't have any mainland address and which bank is the most easy one to handle? Very thankful for receiving your recommend
Old May 20, 2017, 9:35 am

You normally don't need to have proof of your Mainland address when opening a bank account; it's nothing like the trial of opening an account in Hong Kong.

However, in Shenzhen and perhaps a few other cities, banks may want to see a 临时住宿登记表 stamped by the PSB, at least if you're travelling on a passport. You'll need to register in a hotel for a night to get this. But try first without it: I'm just warning you a bank might want to see it.

Note that in China when you have to deal with your bank in person -- for example, you change your mobile number -- you usually have to deal with a branch in the city where you opened the account. So if you're in Hong Kong mostly, open the account in Shenzhen not Shenyang.

As I said, CMB seems to get good marks, but I use a bank based outside Shenzhen, which probably wouldn't be convenient for you. In any event, you're not really going to know how easily a bank's online services work for you until you open the account and try to use it. If it doesn't work out, no big deal, just open another account elsewhere.

Added:

It's unclear from your post whether you want to pay for things generally on the Mainland, or whether you're just sending money from time to time to someone in the Mainland.

If you're just transferring money to one particular person from time to time, then consider getting a pre-paid debit card. You send the card to the Mainland person, then add money to the card in Hong Kong when you want to make a transfer. The Mainland person draws on the card at an ATM. It's not a credit card: they can't withdraw more than you've put on the card.

Of course there's a fee involved for the ATM withdrawals, but it's much easier than running up to Shenzhen to open a bank account and refill it from time to time. Not to mention trying to setup online banking, which is always a hassle with Mainland banks for some reason.

You can Google NEAT HK which offers one such card, but there may be other places that offer them as well.

Last edited by 889; May 20, 2017 at 11:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.