Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Visa expires BECAUSE OF long layover

Visa expires BECAUSE OF long layover

Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by jiejie
I agree the title is not descriptive: It should read "Visa Expires DURING Long Layover."

I think in this situation I'd try to get a one day extension from your local PSB (take your entire flight sequence booking). Failing that, and if changing the flight is more than the RMB 500 fine--consider doing nothing, and throw yourself on the mercy of the CAN Immigration officer, telling him that you booked the June 30 departure thinking you were in compliance and leaving China on time, when in fact you didn't realize you'd be stopping in CAN and this was going to throw you into the next day. Immigration officers do have authority to waive fines if you are only a day over, though they might give a warning. My guess is that this is what will happen to you (but have RMB 500 on hand just in case). It is highly unlikely that you will be entered in the database on a blacklist or have this counted against you in the future.
Or say you thought June had 31 days
Old Apr 11, 2017, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by starlagurl
I'm not even telling you what happened now, because Jiejie is a jerk.
This is one for posterity
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by s0ssos
This is one for posterity
Indeed.

Originally Posted by starlagurl
I'm not even telling you what happened now, because Jiejie is a jerk.
I've been called worse. At any rate, your comment here tells the forum more about you than about me. Not only careless but short-tempered. Keep digging.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Indeed.

I've been called worse. At any rate, your comment here tells the forum more about you than about me. Not only careless but short-tempered. Keep digging.
starlagurl's attitude will be very welcoming to the Chinese boarder officers who are bored.

Long Live jiejie, Long Live PRC
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by tentseller
starlagurl's attitude will be very welcoming to the Chinese boarder officers who are bored.

Long Live jiejie, Long Live PRC
Does this rate me a large portrait over Tiananmen next to Mao's, looking out over the teeming masses?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Does this rate me a large portrait over Tiananmen next to Mao's, looking out over the teeming masses?
I would place your portrait at exit checkpoints overlooking the visa violators with attitude.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I learn so much reading this forum!!! (and I am so bummed I finished my last work project in Shanghai and haven't been assigned another )
Meme for OP...
Attached Images  
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:07 am

Can you sign my little red book?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.