Help!! New China Visa Photo Requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!! New China Visa Photo Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:27 am

PRC Visa Photo Question

Has anyone noticed that the new size requirement for the visa photo (33mm by 48 mm) doesn't even fit the photo box on the visa form?

What are we supposed to do?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:53 am

I've always given my photo loose or with a paperclip.

Be careful too as I had one application rejected because the officer thought my mouth was slightly open. It was just a very small shadow, but they still rejected it.

BTW, that's nothing! In Hong Kong their website still has the old visa application form that was replaced in 2013. Anyone applying with the old form gets rejected.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:53 am

There are lots of websites like myvisaphoto.com can provide china visa photo. you can search online and get e photo and print yourself.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1k
I recently applied for a visa through the London (UK) Visa service. The photograph was fully compliant with the dimensions they specify in their note.

It got rejected, with an attached note that the photograph must meet standard UK passport office regulations. Had some taken by a camera store that scans the photo with software to guarantee acceptance by the UK passport office. Sent it off, and it was accepted. The photo was the exact size of the box on the application form, but that is 45mm x 35mm.

Go figure?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by John Isaac
In Dec. 2016, China changed its Visa Photo requirements. The new size is different from your typical US Passport size (2" by 2" or 51mm x 51mm). The new size is (from memory) 33mm x 48mm.

I am the kind of person who tries to play by the rules, but, in the small, rural area where I live its all these folks can do is to meet US Passport requirements.

Has anyone here have their less than perfect size Visa size picture rejected by the Chinese Embassy??
You could do a 33 mm on 48 mm China visa photo at visafoto.com
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:16 pm

I obtained my Chinese visa today in New York City. Unlike other travel visa, it does not contain my photo, even though I supplied one. Is this normal?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by pmail
I obtained my Chinese visa today in New York City. Unlike other travel visa, it does not contain my photo, even though I supplied one. Is this normal?
Correct. Chinese visas pasted into your passport do not have photos. The photo they keep for their own files.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:07 am

Your passport already has your photo.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
I took two larger than specified photos and they cut them up at the consulate and were nice about it. Some people were rejected for it in front of me for being out of focus lol, too big or being in a white background with a white shirt.

I did get a call about having Turkish stamps on my passport though, which doesn't inspire confidence
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Many subway stations in China have photo booths with a visa photo option. This always works IME, and only costs Y20.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiejie
Correct. Chinese visas pasted into your passport do not have photos. The photo they keep for their own files.
There are some new Chinese visas coming from European countries that have a photo now. I'd gather it's something they plan on implementing everywhere eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.