Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

PVG Terminal Transfer from 2 to 1 for Separate Ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Hello.

hope i'm posting under the correct forum.

I'm flying from LAX-PVG on AA 183 Arriving in Terminal 2 at 3:55PM(scheduled).

I like to book a separate ticket to ICN(korea)but latest ticket on same day is China Eastern 5051 that departs in Terminal 1 at 5:50PM.

I will not have any baggage to claim. When I google for terminal transfer, it seems like there is no immigration within a same terminal but since this is different terminal, would I have to pass the immigration, take a shuttle or walk to terminal 1, pass security again?

Will 2 hours be enough to do all this? this is my first time in PVG and I don't speak Chinese either. How about if I include a baggage, I prefer to take extra baggage but I guess it depends if 2 hours of transit is good enough or not.

Thank you.

Last edited by parkkibum; Jan 18, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Enjoy your visa free Shanghai stay (if applicable or then get a tourist visa) book a suitable hotel/motel either at or near the airport or downtown and your flight on to Korea the following day.

That makes all the difference between a leisurely, pleasant trip and a hurried, chaotic affair with an uncertain ending.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the reply but i don't have many days so i think i'd rather just go to hong kong since hong kong has plenty of flights. but my priority is korea.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You could fly to cju from t2 at 635p, and then grab a flight from there to SEL (busiest air route in the world if I'm not mistaken).
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

thanks moondog!!!Why did i never think of that!!thanks for the idea, now I just gotta think if all these flight is worth going.

update,

i just searched for flight from CJU-GMP or ICN but it seems like last flight out of CJU is around 9PM which is arrival time from CJU if i were to take that 6:35pm flight from PVG.

thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.