Search

Transport to Pudong Airport at night

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Transport to Pudong Airport at night

Hi there,

I have a flight from Pudong to Manila at 3.40am in the night and have been looking at ways to get to the airport from the city not too early.

Seems like subway and maglev is not an option as they stop operation already at 10pm-ish.

So what about night bus? I can see there are busses from Pudong to the city, but what about the other way? Is it possible?

I suspect the easiest way to get to the airport is either taxi or Uber. How much would either of those cost?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Depending on where you're coming from, figure 150 for didi, and about 275 for a night time taxi. The night bus doesn't run to the airport as far as I know; even if it did, I wouldn't consider it (many stops).

Last edited by moondog; Nov 28, 2016 at 12:57 am
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:39 am

Just get on a taxi.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Another option is get a cheap airport hotel and go to the hotel while public transport is still available. All airport hotel's got free shuttle to airport.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Another option is get a cheap airport hotel and go to the hotel while public transport is still available. All airport hotel's got free shuttle to airport.
I actually suggested this in my OP, but edited it out when I started thinking about the numbers and the idea of trying to sleep for an hour or two in a hotel that isn't very nice. That having been said, in certain circumstances (e.g. desire to freshen up pre flight), it's not a horrible idea.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:47 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Taxi y275
Room at Airport Y388
http://www.dazhongairporthotel.com/c...lRoomPrice.php

Room 16USD more than taxi ( plus some room tax)

City Termial Building (Jing'an Temple) Bus Line 2
Terminus City Termial Building (Jing'an Temple) Pudong International Airport
Service Hours last bus 18:40
50 min ride Y22

Conceivably could take line 2 bus arrive at airport hotel around 7:30 PM
walk in airport at 2:30AM 7 hours potential sleep. For ~20USD more than taxi at 1:30 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by moondog
I actually suggested this in my OP, but edited it out when I started thinking about the numbers and the idea of trying to sleep for an hour or two in a hotel that isn't very nice. That having been said, in certain circumstances (e.g. desire to freshen up pre flight), it's not a horrible idea.
It is a good idea if OP is only visiting Shanghai, i.e. Staying at a hotel before flight. Have some rest at airport hotel and a good shower before a long haul flight will help with the next 5 hour terrible red eye flight.

If OP lives at Shanghai, then defenitely catch a cab/didi straight from home.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:29 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
PVG - MNL
nonstop 3.5 hours

3 stops. 20 hrs
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Originally Posted by moondog
Depending on where you're coming from, figure 150 for didi, and about 275 for a night time taxi. The night bus doesn't run to the airport as far as I know; even if it did, I wouldn't consider it (many stops).
Thx. How do you actually use Didi? Is it possible as a foreigner to use Didi? I read somewhere that you need a Chinese banking card ... and not least the ability to read Chinese, because the app is not in English.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by EBGflyer
Thx. How do you actually use Didi? Is it possible as a foreigner to use Didi? I read somewhere that you need a Chinese banking card ... and not least the ability to read Chinese, because the app is not in English.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ride-...ebit-card.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.