Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai hotel/transport questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Shanghai hotel/transport questions

A couple questions for those who have visited Shanghai more frequently than I have (which is once so far, but to be twice by mid-year next year):

1) What is the best hotel to stay at in centralized Shanghai? By this, I mean either in downtown Pudong (on the east side of the river) or on Waitan. We stayed at Les Suites Orient last time - which was quite nice - but it's a bit far from public transportation. I am Fairmont PC Premier, and think this might be a potential opportunity to use the free suite upgrade certificate, but I know there are plenty of other choices around. Assume cost is not an issue.

2) What is the easiest way to get from downtown Shanghai to Nantong without going back to PVG and taking a bus?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
A couple questions for those who have visited Shanghai more frequently than I have (which is once so far, but to be twice by mid-year next year):

1) What is the best hotel to stay at in centralized Shanghai? By this, I mean either in downtown Pudong (on the east side of the river) or on Waitan. We stayed at Les Suites Orient last time - which was quite nice - but it's a bit far from public transportation. I am Fairmont PC Premier, and think this might be a potential opportunity to use the free suite upgrade certificate, but I know there are plenty of other choices around. Assume cost is not an issue.
Jing'an Shangri-La or Puli.

2) What is the easiest way to get from downtown Shanghai to Nantong without going back to PVG and taking a bus?
I'm thinking taxi, but the buses from Shanghai Stn are not that bad, and obviously cost less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.