Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

I find the customs entry x-ray procedure to be moronic, anyone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I find the customs entry x-ray procedure to be moronic, anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Looks like there was an anyone else on tripadvisor.
Level 6 Contributor
Forum Posts (9,772)

3. Re: staying over night at the air port
Jan 17, 2015, 4:45 PM
May not be related to staying in airport overnight, but I found Xian airport to have the toughest and strictest security screening and overall airport security in all airports I have used worldwide. Those are the meanest with most thorough searches anywhere.

Edited: 4:45 pm, January 17, 2015
The smaller airports in China and PEK all suck for secrurity screening and nit picking. I always get hassled going through small airports for stupid things. PEK is a hassle just because that's the way Beijing people are, officious to the extreme.

PVG/SHA is the "best" airport security experience/customs experience in China followed by the big southern airports SZX/CAN. CTU isn't that bad either IMHO. The more north you go, the worse it gets.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
The smaller airports in China and PEK all suck for secrurity screening and nit picking. I always get hassled going through small airports for stupid things. PEK is a hassle just because that's the way Beijing people are, officious to the extreme.

PVG/SHA is the "best" airport security experience/customs experience in China followed by the big southern airports SZX/CAN. CTU isn't that bad either IMHO. The more north you go, the worse it gets.
Way to stereotype whole swaths of people and regions. I've had a different experience. YMMV. Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcp3rd
Way to stereotype whole swaths of people and regions. I've had a different experience. YMMV. Cheers.
Thanks for being the board appointed PC police. Ask your chinese friends about Beijing people and tell me what they say. Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Thanks for being the board appointed PC police. Ask your chinese friends about Beijing people and tell me what they say. Cheers.
Ah, so Beijing=the North? And how do you know I am or am not Chinese, for that matter? Being kind does not mean one is "PC".
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HMPS
At the Customs (after immigration) there are two channels. RED & Green.
If you walk thru Green, you still a Customs officer who may or may not x ray the baggage etc.
Nevertheless there are senior plain clothes agents keeping an eye on the goings on.
Sure of that?? Some years back my wife set off a nuke alarm in the green line. Nobody there, nobody showed up. We eventually quit waiting and went on out.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:38 am

I always walk through the green channel. The only place where I witnessed compulsory x-ray for everyone was in Guangzhou. Ut was not very long. Pretty similar to what I experienced is some other countries.
I don't find security to ber tougher in smaller places. I believe that it is rather a random thing depending on who is manning the post.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by quaxpilot
X-ray screening of luggage after pick-up can happen in many countries, not only China. It's also quite common in Brazil as example. But in most cases it's more a spot-check procedure or specific passengers are picked, and not a general procedure.
Argentina is another example.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
This is a good practice. On a connection from Dubai to BOMI had a set of large chef,s knives set. X revealed it and I had to unpack it, show them what it was and that it was to be a gift and the luggage is going to be checked right away. Took a few minutes to convince them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.