Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Banned from CRH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Banned from CRH

People twice caught smoking on CRH shall be banned from travelling on CRH. The regulation is described as not applying to slow trains:
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1000827.shtml
How long the ban would last has not been reported (or decided?).
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:05 pm

I never noticed people smoking on the high-speed train. However a lot of people are smoking on the platform. As the stops are short, they all hand around the door of the car. Very annoying. This happens even though, just before stopping, they announce that one is not allowed to smoke on the platform.
I may be wrong but I might have seen a conductor smoking on the platform.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:42 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
On CRH smoke alarms trigger train to stop.
No wonder they ban smokers. Not quite, but
similar to force a plane to land because of
disruptive behavior.

Hey Kid! Put out that smoke.

Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack
People twice caught smoking on CRH shall be banned from travelling on CRH. The regulation is described as not applying to slow trains:
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1000827.shtml
How long the ban would last has not been reported (or decided?).
Fast trains have air tight cabins, which is why they prohibit smoking and cooking. Unfortunately, body odor and bad smelling food (including both the on board offerings and 5 hour old KFC) are also part of the package.

Slow trains have true kitchens, and some actually serve up surprisingly good food. In fact, the Shanghai-Beijing T trains have the best mushu pork I have ever tasted in China.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by moondog
... the Shanghai-Beijing T trains have the best mushu pork I have ever tasted in China.
OT: Could be the MSG or "chicken powder" working its magic.

Slightly OT: I am more opposed to the smell of the types of instant noodles that the Chinese like to eat. That and garlic breath (or are they the same?) I dread the moment somebody flips open a paper bowl of instant noodles.

Back to topic, my impression is that the vast majority of Chinese are aware of the no-smoking rule. The number of people smoking on the platform, even on a 2-minute stop, would be funny if it isn't kinda sad.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:20 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
The number of people smoking on the platform, even on a 2-minute stop, would be funny if it isn't kinda sad.

Ready for that door to open..maybe I can get in two in two minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.