Wiki Posts
Search

Chengdu/Qing Cheng Mountain Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Chengdu/Qing Cheng Mountain Advice

We are heading to the Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain Resort for three nights and was hoping that someone could give me a little guidance on local transportation.

We land at 10:20 P.M. from a Silk Air flight from SIN. The Six Senses is about 70KM from the airport and is apparently a hour drive from CTU. The hotel is offering transportation for 1200 CNY (one-way), which seems like a bit excessive.

Will I have any issues getting a taxi to take us to Qing Cheng from CTU at night? I know I will need a print out of the address in Chinese. Are there any reliable driver services available at CTU that can be prearranged? My mandarin skills are pretty awful, so thanks in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:13 am

Qingcheng Moutain is quite far away from CTU. By-metre taxi service is not possible for such a long distance, especially at night. But IMHO, 500 RMB would be quite enough for this trip.

I once took a taxi with three other guys at 3:00 am from Chengdu to my home town, which is almost the same distance of that from CTU to Qingcheng shan. It cost 300RMB for us four.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I just came back from Chengdu a few weeks ago. My recommendation would be to pre-arrange a car using something like Ctrip. You can also try Uber to get an estimate. But yes, that's a long drive.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by dongyeh
Qingcheng Moutain is quite far away from CTU. By-metre taxi service is not possible for such a long distance, especially at night. But IMHO, 500 RMB would be quite enough for this trip.

I once took a taxi with three other guys at 3:00 am from Chengdu to my home town, which is almost the same distance of that from CTU to Qingcheng shan. It cost 300RMB for us four.
Thanks! If I offer a taxi driver from the taxi rank 500RMB for the ride will he likely take it or am I going to have to ask around until I find a taxi driver who will take it?

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I just came back from Chengdu a few weeks ago. My recommendation would be to pre-arrange a car using something like Ctrip. You can also try Uber to get an estimate. But yes, that's a long drive.
Thanks, I can't find anything on Ctrip that relates to pre-arranged car service. Where would I find that? I looked under "things to do," etc but I can't seem to find it?

I really appreciate all the advice thus far.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Thanks, I can't find anything on Ctrip that relates to pre-arranged car service. Where would I find that? I looked under "things to do," etc but I can't seem to find it?

I don't know where it is on the English site. My GF booked it through the Chinese version of the app. I wonder if it's only an option if you book airline tickets through it.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:18 pm

Yes, it's there on the Chinese site:

http://car.ctrip.com/hwdaijia/shopping/safe

Not at Chengdu specifically, but I've found negotiating long-distance runs late at night at Chinese airports to be a pretty bad experience. Somehow you end up talking to just one driver that's interested in taking you, and it's his price or walk. The other drivers just aren't interested once you're negotiating with another driver.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: http://www.chengdutravelagency.com
From chengdu airport to qingchengshan,Rent a car,usually,500 yuan.if is a day,700 - 800 yuan/day.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: http://www.chengdutravelagency.com
In Chengdu airport.have a bus go to dujiangyan,Free bus.Of course, you will have to wait some time.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Thanks! If I offer a taxi driver from the taxi rank 500RMB for the ride will he likely take it or am I going to have to ask around until I find a taxi driver who will take it?

For long-distance trip, usually there will be someone outside the arrival gate looking for passengers. But not recommended if you're not local people. Better go to the taxi rank and negotiate with the officials/drivers there directly. They will help you find one willing to take you to Qingcheng Shan.

For pre-arranged car in Ctrip, you should try Chinese site. Link as below
http://car.ctrip.com/daijia#ctm_ref=chp_var_txt

I've try to check the rate, much cheaper that I expected

For example:
CTU T2 - Six Senses Qingchengshan, 3 Aug, 23:00, from 203RMB

http://car.ctrip.com/daijia/list?ptT...9248494&type=t

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.