Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

China metal detectors with artificial knee (TKR)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA

Hi again. If I am lucky I will still be coming to Beijing mid-October, but with a replaced knee. Stuff happens and I think it's happening now.
I remember from last year that there are metal detectors not just at airports (as everywhere) but also at museums and of course the Imperial Palace Museum (Forbidden City).
I will be setting those alarms off.
Is there any card or even just a good translation of "I have an artificial knee" that I can print out and show the security personnel before I enter the detector?
I do not mind being patted down or showing the scar, I just want to get through as efficiently and quickly as possible.
Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:48 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Chinese knee replacemenhttps://www.healthinfotranslations.o...cement_TCH.pdft

https://www.healthinfotranslations.o...cement_SCH.pdf

Print out the page in chinese that shows the metal implant in knee.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by welltended
Hi again. If I am lucky I will still be coming to Beijing mid-October, but with a replaced knee. Stuff happens and I think it's happening now.
I remember from last year that there are metal detectors not just at airports (as everywhere) but also at museums and of course the Imperial Palace Museum (Forbidden City).
I will be setting those alarms off.
Is there any card or even just a good translation of "I have an artificial knee" that I can print out and show the security personnel before I enter the detector?
I do not mind being patted down or showing the scar, I just want to get through as efficiently and quickly as possible.
Thanks!
Outside of the airports you need not worry. Everyone sets off the detectors and gets the wand in a very cursory manner. I have had lots of change in my pocket and was never asked. Airports have a more serious security check but I am very sure they seen many people with metal prosthetics before. You will be fine, especially if you keep that printout folded in a pocket.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
You will be wanded, 100% guaranteed, just as we all do. That's the reality of life in China today. I wouldn't anticipate any problems even with the artificial knee.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uanj
Outside of the airports you need not worry. Everyone sets off the detectors and gets the wand in a very cursory manner. I have had lots of change in my pocket and was never asked. Airports have a more serious security check but I am very sure they seen many people with metal prosthetics before. You will be fine, especially if you keep that printout folded in a pocket.
Yeah, they're mostly going through the motions over there.

My wife set off two nuke alarms in PVG. The first resulted in a short discussion with the people manning the detector--but no effort to substantiate what she told them, the second didn't cause any reaction.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Ok, thank you all! Now to get the work done....see you this summer with questions about the trip!
Old May 22, 2016, 4:54 am

Do male passengers get searched by female guards ?
Old May 22, 2016, 5:49 am
qpr

Originally Posted by Asmonaut
Yes.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:29 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by Asmonaut

Name:  KWB_airport.png
Views: 537
Size:  650.0 KB

On a recent trip to China, Kim Woo Bin received a pat-down while going through airport security in Shanghai. Onlooking fans snapped these pictures, which have sparked jealous cries throughout Asia. This female security guard sure is lucky!

https://www.dramafever.com/news/kim-...-fans-jealous/
Old May 23, 2016, 7:26 am

She can search me anytime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.