Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Suggested Itinerary for 2 weeks in/out of Shanghai with kids?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

On the cusp of booking a roundtrip ticket to Shanghai with my two daughters, ages 10 and 8.5. Been reading this site and Lonely Planet and have some ideas, but I'm not married to anything. After a two week trip last year, I've come to realize kids need (1) fun places to visit; (2) parks to play in; and (3) lots of snacky foods.

Other than that, I'm a backpacker at heart and would love to travel a bit off the beaten path. Girls speak Mandarin but it tends to freak people out since they're blond hair, blue eyed kids (at least that's the experience here in Cali).

Seeking a possible fun loop trip if anyone has suggestions.

I have a few detailed questions, too, since traveling with kids has proven more challenging than my twenty something backpacking days, about changing money, transport, hotel vs. airbnb recs, etc but not sure where to post those questions.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:26 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note.

This is a crosspost of a thread the OP started in the Information Desk. I've suggested that that thread be moved to this (China) forum. As that's likely to happen soon, I'll delete this thread as the FlyerTalk Rules do not allow crossposting. As the OP is new to FlyerTalk, and eager to get replies, hopefully his other thread will be moved to this forum soon! Thanks to all, and welcome to FlyerTalk, coachu12. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.