Reload this Page >

Shanghai disneyland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai disneyland

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
I will be there on the 16th and 17th. Not sure where I'll be staying yet.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
They're supposed to start testing the Line 11 connection on Tuesday according to Shanghai Daily. It will take 40 minutes from Xujiahui to the resort.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been offered tickets for "pre opening" days as a supplier to the park. I passed but some of my staff will be going. I'll post back with their thoughts. The dates are late May and supposedly all the attractions will be operational.

I don't think I'll make it out there for a good long while personally
Old May 4, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, US
I work for Disney and have been working on preparations for the 6 week preview opening (May7-June10) and the 3 day VIP Grand Opening festivities (June 13-16). All rides should be fully operational by June 16. However, Toy Storyland is still under construction and is not expected to be completed until after the park is open. The first day is sold out, but I have not heard of any other days being sold out yet.
Old May 6, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Toy Storyland?
Old May 19, 2016, 12:07 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Soft opening videos.

First impressions of Shanghai Disneyland in 11 videos

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themep...nap-story.html

LA TIMES
"Over the last week, I’ve spent a lot of time virtually traveling to China via online videos of the “soft opening” of Shanghai Disneyland. Disney has begun allowing select visitors to test out the rides, shows and attractions so the employees can prepare for the initial rush of tourists when the new Chinese park officially opens on June 16."
Old May 20, 2016, 12:13 am

My Chinese engineer was there on Wednesday with friends of his. Not everything was ready and he did think the food prices were a bit high. His opinion is that it is better than HK or Tokyo except for the other visitors.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE SQ Gold
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I booked tickets for The 16th and 17th. But only staying at the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel on the 17th. What would be the best option for a hotel for the night of the 16th?
Better stay at downtown. Subway is convenient. It takes less than 30 minutes from Lujiazui or 45 minutes from the French concession area
Old May 20, 2016, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vincentsjtu
Better stay at downtown. Subway is convenient. It takes less than 30 minutes from Lujiazui or 45 minutes from the French concession area
He/she is going two days in a row, so staying in town would require 4 long subway rides, and probably a transfer or two. No thanks!
Old May 20, 2016, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
His opinion is that it is better than HK or Tokyo except for the other visitors.
Only 10,000 people per day have gone thus far, and on some days (e.g when one company rents out the entire park), much less. I'm puzzled how that could be worse than HK or Tokyo.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:19 am

Surprisingly looking like it is going to be less busy than I expected so far. I was able to have my choice of lunch reservation times for the 6 of us in the Royal Banquet Hall on the 17th and tickets are still not sold out for any day other than opening day.
Living 2 miles away from Disney World, I am used to having to book 6 months in advance for any of the popular restaurants and eating supper at 4 o'clock in the afternoon or 9 o'clock at night.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Only 10,000 people per day have gone thus far, and on some days (e.g when one company rents out the entire park), much less. I'm puzzled how that could be worse than HK or Tokyo.
My guess is that this is a cheap shot at mainland Chinese
Old May 20, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quality vs. Quantity?
Old May 20, 2016, 10:10 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Max capacity 250,000 per day.
Old May 24, 2016, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
My guess is that this is a cheap shot at mainland Chinese
Correct. Cheap shot at Mainland Chinese by Mainland Chinese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.