Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Xiamen Queries (Private driver for Tulou + IT-related)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

Will be visiting Xiamen and have two separate queries:

1) 4 of us are intending to hire a private driver to visit the Tulou region. We do not require a tour guide. Does anyone have any contacts or recommendations? What is the market price like?

2) I'm pretty keen on getting a drone with a camera. Does anyone know of any place in Xiamen that sells IT related stuff? By this, I am referring to huge IT/camera/electronics malls or the likes.

Thanks in advance folks
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: various
Since nobody has yet responded (dearth of Xiamen experts here), I'll try to offer something. Apple Travel in Xiamen is reputable and could get you set up with a car + driver. I wouldn't expect them to be the cheapest around. With 4 of you and a 3-ish hour drive from Xiamen to the tulou area, you might get a small van for comfort. My guess is you're looking at the RMB 1600-1700 range for a long (10-11 hour) round-trip daytrip. http://www.appletravel.cn/car-rentals/index.php

Drones, no idea. I would think many Chinese buy online from either Taobao or JD.com. The expression for drone is 遥控飞机. Pinyin with tone indicators: yao2 kong4 fei1 ji1
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:09 pm
qpr

There´s a direct bus from Xiamen to Hukeng (湖坑) at around 09.00am from Xiamen Hubin Bus Station (湖滨南长途汽车站) and several buses each 2 hours from 07.00 am to 04.00 pm to Yongding.

All these buses pass thru Liulian (六联).
The bus station there is also called Tulou Station" (土楼汽车站).

Liulian is a good base to visit the tulous and your guesthouse can arrange a half day tour for about 100 - 150 Yuan by taxi or local driver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.