Wiki Posts
Search

BJ Restaurant Reqd

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
BJ Restaurant Reqd

BJ experts - need Intel on a quality rest for important dinner mtg next week - no duck - no overpriced 5* hotel - western food - Chaoyang area pref but not essential - western food - younger crowd pref - stupid request I know but looking for something new with real wow factor pls.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
BJ experts - need Intel on a quality rest for important dinner mtg next week - no duck - no overpriced 5* hotel - western food - Chaoyang area pref but not essential - western food - younger crowd pref - stupid request I know but looking for something new with real wow factor pls.
What's your budget, and how important is the 'wow' factor compared with the quality of the food and service. Finally, does it have to be new?

tb
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Chef too is the first thing that pops into my mind.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BJ Restaurant Reqd

I love the title of this thread as well as the first line of the OP's post.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I would love a real wow factor BJ experience as well.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trueblu
What's your budget, and how important is the 'wow' factor compared with the quality of the food and service. Finally, does it have to be new?

tb
1. No budget restriction really - but I'd rather not be solely responsible for getting the Chinese growth rate up above 7% again.

2. Can I habe both 'wow' and good quality food? If not I'll settle for 1/2 and 1/2

3. New not imperative but party I am taking out reside in BJ but I don't - so .....
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I love the title of this thread as well as the first line of the OP's post.
Got your attention didn't it
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
I would love a real wow factor BJ experience as well.
I'll be in BJ next week I can take you to a dozen or so places where we can satisfy that desire if you like!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:02 am

Got your attention didn't it
I try to refrain from using "BJ" in thread titles, but also slip at times.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Fratelli at RBCH would have been logical choice as I always stay in hotel - but these dudes eat there every 2nd week so I have plenty pressure on me to find something good - read 'wow' if poss.

OT - I stumbled across Goodfellas in SH in Feb - have you guys eaten here? If not do yourselves a favour and try it next time in SH.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:35 am

Fratelli at RBCH would have been logical choice as I always stay in hotel - but these dudes eat there every 2nd week so I have plenty pressure on me to find something good - read 'wow' if poss.

OT - I stumbled across Goodfellas in SH in Feb - have you guys eaten here? If not do yourselves a favour and try it next time in SH.
Fratelli simply isn't very good IMO (the Michelin star chef who they tout didn't spend more than two days in Beijing, and that was 7 years ago).

I really like chef too for the food quality, but I'll try to think of livelier places.

Thanks for the tip re goodfellas in Shanghai. I've heard good things and will try to stop by when I have a chance.

Last edited by moondog; Mar 20, 2015 at 7:36 am
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Da Marco is still better in my opinion. My ex boss who is Italian, however, refuses to eat at Da Marco and loves Goodfellas.

I'm a big portions, big pour kinda guy so Da Marco hits my sweet spot. Goodfellas felt like the tables were too packed together and my meal (salad and lasagna) was pedestrian at best.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: BA - Blue
For the OP, Temple Restaurant Beijing (TRB) has wow, great food and service but not new. Dinner is too pricey for us, but I've heard it's magical at night. Even lunch is great.

Opera Bombana in Parkview Green: food is fantastic (one of the best italians I've eaten at outside of Italy), space is interesting, wouldn't necessarily say wow. But the setting (Parkview Green) is definitely wow, especially if one hasn't been before. And I'm not into malls. Service not as good as TRB, it's fine though. Again, dinner is on the pricey side.

tb
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
What is the make up of the group - gender, age, nationality etc..... ?

One idea might be to contact the Dining editors at The Beijinger (useless though) and City Weekend (dont read it) or some one like Beijing Boyce who is a food blogger and seems to be pretty well connected regarding what is new in town.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
It's off the cuff and probably not workable, but there is The Capital Club in Liagnmaqiao. 50th floor of Capital Mansion. It's pretty WOW.

I think you have to be a member there but not sure if dining is available to the public. Mrs Noises knows more about it, shall quiz her later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.