Wiki Posts
Search

APEC Card Used for Domestic Flights in China

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
Smile APEC Card Used for Domestic Flights in China

Thought I would try using my APEC card to get access to the domestic first-class/business class security check lane in SHA T2 and PEK T2 on a Y-fare and it WORKED.
I flashed the card to the airport security guy and asked if I could use the first-class/business class security check and he let me through after briefly glancing at my APEC card.

Was wondering if anyone else has tried it, and if so, at which airports?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't - worked once for me at SHA T2 and was denied the second time.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by YariGuy
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't - worked once for me at SHA T2 and was denied the second time.
That sums up my experiences using airline elite cards when flying Y ex-PEK/SHA. Sometimes they work, and sometimes (e.g. when the airport is slammed), they don't. On a semi-related note, any elite card seems to qualify for F check-in when departing Nanning (i.e. they don't care if it's a partner of the airline you're actually flying).
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:25 pm

One time I told them I'm a pregnant lady and they let me in. Of which I am neither. The regular line looked like it would have taken an hour.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

APEC Card Used for Domestic Flights in China

You can certainly show your APEC card, platinum Amex, 24 hour fitness gold card, or any other card you have. It might work because you're a foreigner blustering through the line, but you're certainly not entitled to use the line with any of those cards.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Main thing I suspect is that they waste more time telling you to join the right queue that they might as well get you over and done with.

Same for boarding calls on planes. Their main priority is to board passengers swiftly so once you're up to show your boarding pass most of the time they don't care if you're elite or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.