Uber in Shenzhen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber in Shenzhen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Uber in Shenzhen

I'll be in Shenzhen in the near future and was wondering what the Uber situation is like there. I know they are in the city, but do they have a fair amount of cars at this point or will there still be long waits?

Thanks a lot,
Troy
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by troyb
I'll be in Shenzhen in the near future and was wondering what the Uber situation is like there. I know they are in the city, but do they have a fair amount of cars at this point or will there still be long waits?

Thanks a lot,
Troy
It works okay in the heart of Futian, but not so great for points east/west/north. The cornerstone of my approach to Shenzhen transportation has been to amass a collection of black car phone numbers, which I tag based on their normal stomping grounds (unfortunately, my phone died last week and I lost the bulk of these numbers, but it's pretty easy to build your own collection). Taxis are usually fine too, but not at most border checkpoints.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A405 Safari/600.1.4)

Thanks, appreciate the response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.