Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

【News】Temple of Heaven is to close on 9/30 and 10/1, 2014

Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:17 am
Original Poster

It's reported online that for celebrating the 65th anniversary of the founding of the PRC, Temple of Heaven along with other 4 parks: Chaoyong park, Taoranting park, Yuyantan park, Yuanboyuan park are to close on Sept, 30th (12pm–6pm), and Oct 1st, 2014.

If your travel plans involve Temple of Heaven on the 30th, Sept and the 1st, Oct, 2014, better adjust your plan to other sites.

Meanwhile 373 parks including Beijing Botanical Garden, Fragrant Hills Park, Old Summer Palace and the Temple of Earth are to open free on the 1st, October, 2014.Check out this post for more info: http://www.wildgreatwall.com/temple-...ill-be-closed/

Last updates: Chairman Mao's mausoleum closes between Sept. 30 and Oct, 4. | Beihai Park closes on Oct, 1st. | Jinshan Park closes on Oct, 1st. | Summer Palace closes on Oct, 1st. | Beijing Zoo closes on Oct, 1st.

Last edited by doublewide; Sep 26, 2014 at 4:43 am Reason: add content
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

doublewide: Plugging your own site is okay if you conform with FT's guidelines on the topic (e.g. I think you're allowed to place a link in your signature, and you might be allowed to refer to your own articles with proper disclosure; check the TOS).

As for the topic at hand, apart from Chaoyang Park (because it is enormous), closing those parks on 10/1 is probably doing the folks here a favor because they would be slammed if they were open.

I would also give the parks that are free on 10/1 a huge pass, especially Xiangshan (I don't even dare go there on weekends... major holidays, no way in hell!).

The best way to maintain sanity in Beijing over National Day is to stick to venues that are not popular with the 老百姓.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by doublewide

If your travel plans involve Temple of Heaven on the 30th, Sept and the 1st, Oct, 2014, better adjust your plan to other sites.
Couldn't you say the same about travel plans for China on those days?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:40 am

Why? Does Xi Jinping need to bring sacrifices to Heaven on these dates?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack
Why? Does Xi Jinping need to bring sacrifices to Heaven on these dates?
Maybe sacrificing all the wayward government officials uncovered in his anti-corruption drive! Of course, given the magnitude of the problem, he might have to commandeer the TofH on all future weekends.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Unofficial Chinese history:

The emperor, on the anniversary of their dynasty would give offering at TofH. Rumours still floating around is these offering consist of head of the emperor/dynasty's greatest enemies.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 pm

Moondog is right. Doublewide, aka Tunafish007, aka RickWong, has been promoting his company on most travel websites and will soon be banned from some.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JPDM
Moondog is right. Doublewide, aka Tunafish007, aka RickWong, has been promoting his company on most travel websites and will soon be banned from some.
moondog: Thanks for letting me know.

Last updates: Chairman Mao's mausoleum closes between Sept. 30 and Oct, 4. | Beihai Park closes on Oct, 1st. | Jinshan Park closes on Oct, 1st. | Summer Palace closes on Oct, 1st. | Beijing Zoo closes on Oct, 1st.

Last edited by doublewide; Sep 26, 2014 at 6:03 pm Reason: add content
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Latest updates: Forbidden City opens at 7:30AM between Oct 1st and Oct 4th to accommodate the increased number of visitors during the holiday. Last ticket is still sold out at 4PM during that time. Check out this link for the notice: http://www.wildgreatwall.com/wp-cont...open-early.jpg

Resources: http://www.dpm.org.cn/shtml/400/@/121903.html
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Latest updates: Forbidden City opens at 7:30AM between Oct 1st and Oct 4th to accommodate the increased number of visitors during the holiday. Last ticket is still sold out at 4PM during that time. Check out this link for the notice: http://www.wildgreatwall.com/wp-cont...open-early.jpg

Resources: http://www.dpm.org.cn/shtml/400/@/121903.html
doublewide: You seem like a nice guy, but I really encourage you to modify your posting style a bit because viral marketing for commercial interests is not part of the FT charter. While a number of people have leveraged their experience on FT to build businesses, in almost all cases, they earned their stripes first by contributing to the community.

In your case, nearly all of your posts reference your blog articles, which in turn plug your company's services.

As for the topic at hand, I'd be shocked if a single person viewing this thread had a remote desire to visit the Forbidden City between October 1 and 4 even if they screwed up and accidentally booked Beijing trips for this week. But, I suppose stuff like this is decent discussion fodder.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:37 am
Original Poster

moondog: the second link is the official website of Forbidden City . The website is in Chinese only at the moment. The first link is the image I created (not blog article) to make the notice easier to understand if it works. Anyway, if the link violated the Community Guidelines, I can delete it without any problem.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
... if the link violated the Community Guidelines, I can delete it without any problem.
If you are willing to follow the protocol, here's the link to FT Rules. If you must have hyperlinks in your posts, please refer to these following sections as well:

Linking to content on other websites

Commercial Posts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.