Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

most expensive restaurants in Beijing

http://red-luxury.com/dining-cuisine...taurants-25678

I have been to 5 of these, but not #1.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: BA - Blue
OK, I've only been to one of these (#9, and on a lunch special -- pasta was excellent and the rest was good).

The list, however, is rather eclectic, as these things always are. Any random steakhouse will cost >>$100/ head if you order an expensive imported steak, as will dinner at any number of 'international' restaurants.
And there are plenty of Chinese restaurants that can be equally expensive if one orders luxury ingredients. $100pp for hotpot, however, is impressive!

tb
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:11 am

Quite sure this is not right. Maybe it can be called a list of 10 expensive restaurants in Beijing but not the "10 most expensive". $68 p.p. making the list? Easy to add to this list.
Also, whoever wrote this is clearly a foreigner on an expense account hanging out with other foreigners as I see no high-end Chinese restaurants on this list. The authors need to explore more and get out of Chaoyang.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:14 am

Also interesting to note that the article starts with a photo of Capital M but it is not in the list. I wonder if they had permission to steal the photo from the restaurant's website?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JPDM
Quite sure this is not right. Maybe it can be called a list of 10 expensive restaurants in Beijing but not the "10 most expensive". $68 p.p. making the list? Easy to add to this list.
Also, whoever wrote this is clearly a foreigner on an expense account hanging out with other foreigners as I see no high-end Chinese restaurants on this list. The authors need to explore more and get out of Chaoyang.
68$ pp is weak, but $1159 pp is not.

I actually have no clue what business dinners in Beijing cost pp.

I will message Handle about the Capital M photo and report back after he replies.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lot's of overpriced 土豪 action going on at these restaurants. I bet the eye candy is delicious though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.