Trey Ratcliff’s Beijing Drone Video

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:12 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Trey Ratcliff’s Beijing Drone Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I5Z01OKvw

I think Rafcliff will be persona non gratia in the PRC for doing this. And we should expect more X-raying for drone components.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:33 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by percysmith

I think Rafcliff will be persona non gratia in the PRC for doing this. And we should expect more X-raying for drone components.
Detained until rights to content were transfered to PRC.
Detained until trade secrets were given up.

Come back soon when you come up with some more good stuff.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by percysmith

Thanks for sharing. The article he wrote about the video and his police station experience was a bit of a yawn, but I'm very impressed by his work. Beijing inside the 4th Ring (let alone 2nd Ring) is something that most mortals don't get to see from the air. I must also admit that I had no idea there were government buildings inside of Beihai Park. (Beihai Park is one of my favorite places in Beijing.)
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: BA - Blue
I saw this a couple of months back (I think TimeOut did a piece on it), and agree it was pretty cool...although he seems more impressed with filming the drone than the landscape!

I think Trey got confused: the government buildings, as you know, are in NanHai: he just accessed them from BeiHai.

tb
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by trueblu
I saw this a couple of months back (I think TimeOut did a piece on it), and agree it was pretty cool...although he seems more impressed with filming the drone than the landscape!

I think Trey got confused: the government buildings, as you know, are in NanHai: he just accessed them from BeiHai.

tb
Ah, that makes much more sense. I only know around 5 westerners who have ever been inside Zhongnanhai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.