Beijing - Orange Juice availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing - Orange Juice availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If he's staying in a western chain hotel, there will be OJ available at breakfast, through room service and (small bottles of a western brand) in the minibar, although it will be expensive. If he buys a big container at a 7-11 or similar, he can pour it into empty plastic water bottles to fit into a small refrigerator or minibar (but hide it when the room is being serviced). IIRC some of the OJ in small plastic bottles is processed in a way that the unopened bottles don't require refrigeration but check on this.

BTW, will he arrange for a refrigerator in his room for insulin and other medications?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Originally Posted by JPDM
I drink it regularly and sure taste like orange juice. If one is too paranoid, then it is best not to travel.
When was the last time you squeezed juice from an orange anyway?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by roverkt
When was the last time you squeezed juice from an orange anyway?
I haven't squeezed an orange myself since I was around 11, but almost all of the OJ I drink in China is fresh squeezed.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Originally Posted by moondog
I haven't squeezed an orange myself since I was around 11, but almost all of the OJ I drink in China is fresh squeezed.
Good. Then you'd know what's sold in cartons in supermarkets isn't the same thing.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moondog
Most western hotels definitely have fresh squeezed. Cheaper ones often do too, but sometimes you can expect a Fanta like drink.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Most western hotels definitely have fresh squeezed. Cheaper ones often do too, but sometimes you can expect a Fanta like drink.
Best probably to go with Chinese seasonal fruits and berries according to their food philosophy? I've heard so many times of this and that berry or fruit that is at it's best only this week etc.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat, HH Dia
Anyone else seen the fresh squeezed OJ vending machines in China? Seem to be popping up everywhere (in malls that is). Seen it in Beijing and some other cities. Only 10RMB per cup.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
Yes used them a few times. Tasted ok.
The only problem is that they seem to break down fairly easily.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by cooljw
Anyone else seen the fresh squeezed OJ vending machines in China? Seem to be popping up everywhere (in malls that is). Seen it in Beijing and some other cities. Only 10RMB per cup.
I prefer actual juice stands which are very common throughout the south. Prices range between Y5 and Y25 per cup. At y40 per serving, Wagas and Element Fresh don't offer a better product as far as I can tell, but I suppose the ambiance factor plays a role.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.