Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

shenzhen sez 5 day visa available at airport ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:10 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold

Is it possible to get shenzhen sez 5 day visa at airport ? We have 4 nights booked at jw shenzhen and then wanted to go macao / hkg. I have flights booked already as I assumed it is possible to get this visa at the airport.
Didn't find any reliable information through Google.

Thanks in advance for your response
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cln
Is it possible to get shenzhen sez 5 day visa at airport ? We have 4 nights booked at jw shenzhen and then wanted to go macao / hkg. I have flights booked already as I assumed it is possible to get this visa at the airport.
Didn't find any reliable information through Google.

Thanks in advance for your response
Can you provide a link to the source? (I've never heard of SZX doing VOA, though short term visas have been issued at Luohu in the past.)
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:11 am

no VOA at the airport, you have to have one before boarding or enter via Luohu (Lo Wu) Port, Huanggang Port, Shekou Port and Fuyong Port or via HKG.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
no VOA at the airport, you have to have one before boarding or enter via Luohu (Lo Wu) Port, Huanggang Port, Shekou Port and Fuyong Port or via HKG.
Thanks for the info. Shenzhen border visas disappeared in 2008 and I wasn't aware they had returned (as an American, they weren't of any relevance to me since the late 90s so I didn't follow the situation too closely). Huanggang is my favorite border crossing, especially if coming from HKIA, but persons without visas in hand wouldn't be able to stay in the van when passing through the PRC checkpoint.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:42 am
cln
Original Poster

thanks for the update. .. flight booked already.... trying to get visa at Chinese embassy in bangkok if it is accessible....

flyertalk is the best forum ever.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:14 am

If you are going to HK and Macao after and need to return to Shenzhen for a return flight, then you need a double-entry visa.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:21 am
cln
Original Poster

we had planned to use hkg or mfm for departure.... Our flight to shenzhen is soon and Chinese embassy is within protest zone in bkk :/ maybe we'll skip this sidetrip and fly to sun and beach instead
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by cln
we had planned to use hkg or mfm for departure.... Our flight to shenzhen is soon and Chinese embassy is within protest zone in bkk :/ maybe we'll skip this sidetrip and fly to sun and beach instead
If you can't get there in person, you might want to try calling them and seeing if there's anything they can do to help your cause (i.e. ask if they can issue a VOA approval in advance of your trip, though I'm somewhat doubtful that SZX has the ability to handle the back-end of this process).
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:34 am

There is VOA for Shenzhen that is valid for 5 days. This visa is limited to stay within Shenzhen and you are not allowed to venture outside of SEZ. Google Shenzhen visa and there are tons of info on this.

Edit: The VOA is available for most nationalities (UK, Canada, Australia, EU) but unfortunately US passport holders are not eligible. Also VOA can only be obtained at border crossing from Hong Kong.

Peter

Last edited by Peter3000; Feb 21, 2014 at 9:47 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Found this info online from Hilton.

Mr. has done it once back in 2012 at Huanggong check-point. It was super easy and costs RMB 170 (supposed to be 168 but the official gave me 30 back after I handed in my 200). At the check-point there was a guy touting for visa for China too and I think it was like RMB 200 or so. Not sure about that one since we were only staying in SZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.