Renewal of residence permit : 3 weeks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renewal of residence permit : 3 weeks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
I am sorry to drag up an old post but what has the experience been since 2013 for visa renewals as i have like 6-7 business days between when my passport goes into the immigration centre and when i plan to fly out. I am very worried. Is their any other alternative like my current travel plans currently means i will be back 1-2 days before my previous visa expires can i go to the immigration department on the last day (the day you would be required to leave China) and sumbit my passport?

Based in Shenzhen and it usually goes through the Louhu immigration department.
You mention the passport going to the immigration centre, so I assume that you already have medical approval and your FEC. As trublu says, I think that having someone with connections write a letter or call will expedite things! For me, I paid 300 RMB to get it in 2 days, but otherwise it would be 3 weeks.

Good luck!

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
update

Well yeah as its a renewal there is no need to do a new medical.

All we had to do was get my work permit renewed.

Anyway all solved as its the 6th of January that the visa (residency permit) expires and was told I can come on the 5th of January the day before it expires to do the interview and then wait for the application to complete. Anyway this is what the front desk of the PSB immigration department Louhu said today.

Thankfully i have no more travelles until early February so it should be okay.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:00 am

Not sure how long this has been in effect but I was able to renew my residence permit online for another 2 years. I applied and was approved online within 24 hours, Entry-Exit bureau set a date and time to drop-off the required documents and passport at the Shanghai Pudong office and then everything was ready for pick-up within two hours. Huge improvement over previous renewal process, especially having to give up passport for 2 hours vs. 7 working days....
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
I believe this only applies if you've had no changes to your address.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Again another year has passed and need to go through it all again.

It would be great if this can all be transferred online. Also how did your employer get you a 2 yr permit? That would be great.

Any ideas about getting the permenant residency due to being married with a Chinese citizen? Any experiences?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: BA - Blue

It would be great if this can all be transferred online. Also how did your employer get you a 2 yr permit? That would be great.

Any ideas about getting the permenant residency due to being married with a Chinese citizen? Any experiences?
The multi-year permit depends on being a 'desirable foreigner' (I don't think that's the official term), but being a foreign expert, senior university/ administrative/ company role in priority areas is required. I think getting permanent residency (with the new alleged changes) is along the same lines, I'm not sure marrying a PRC citizen is a criterion.

In BJ, the time for renewal has been dropped to 14 days as routine.

tb
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:37 pm

Other than multi year permits being extended to "foreign experts", I believe another option is having resided (on residence permit) in China for a minimum of 5 years (straight). I believe this requires employment under the same company also.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:01 pm

Looking for anyone with knowledge on leaving/entering China during renewal of work/residence permits. Currently have my old passport (holes punched through personal details page, all other visa/residence pages intact) as well as new passport (all pages blank). Just finished renewing my work permit but now have emergency travel abroad for 1 day, so no time to send new passport to Entry/Exit Bureau for transfer of residence permit to new passport. Will have to do that upon my return in a few days.

Question is: Will I have issues leaving and entering China with residence permit in my old passport. I know the requirement states one has to transfer residence permit within 10 days of receiving new passport but have read unofficial reports of people not having any issues in a case like mine.

edit: Just spoke to Entry/Exit Bureau officer, should be no issue.

Last edited by sniles; Mar 16, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.