Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai Hotel Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jix
Thanks, how much is typical taxi from PVG to the meridien area? Any surcharges at night?
There is a night surcharge between 11p and ~5a, which pushes the fare up to close to Y300. Didi is typically about half of this.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:40 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by moondog
There is a night surcharge between 11p and ~5a, which pushes the fare up to close to Y300. Didi is typically about half of this.
Thanks, are all taxi cash only or can I use visa, it's metered right? There's a likely delay arrival so I might be arriving after 11pm today.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:01 am
jix

night bus

Ok I'm definitely arriving after 11pm or even midnight due to delays. I found some info on http://www.jichangdaba.com/pudong/daba1021/

is that the night bus? Will I be able to go to people square using that line?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by jix
Thanks, are all taxi cash only or can I use visa, it's metered right? There's a likely delay arrival so I might be arriving after 11pm today.
Cash, Shanghai transportation card, and perhaps WeChat Wallet and Alipay. I never tried Visa though, and I doubt that would work. FYI, Visa is usually not a preferred payment method in China except for UnionPay cards.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by jix
Ok I'm definitely arriving after 11pm or even midnight due to delays. I found some info on http://www.jichangdaba.com/pudong/daba1021/

is that the night bus? Will I be able to go to people square using that line?
Since it's already after midnight, chances are you've sorted this out by now, but the night bus definitely stops fairly close to people's square...along with 15 other places. The one time I took it, I bailed on 世纪大道 in pudong, and grabbed a Didi for the rest of the journey to xtd (straight shot through the fuxing tunnel without traffic). If I ever find myself at pvg after 11p again, I will certainly get a car. (I am frugal, but not frugal enough to trade sleep time for a midnight tour of pudong.)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:14 am
jix

Originally Posted by moondog
Since it's already after midnight, chances are you've sorted this out by now, but the night bus definitely stops fairly close to people's square...along with 15 other places. The one time I took it, I bailed on 世纪大道 in pudong, and grabbed a Didi for the rest of the journey to xtd (straight shot through the fuxing tunnel without traffic). If I ever find myself at pvg after 11p again, I will certainly get a car. (I am frugal, but not frugal enough to trade sleep time for a midnight tour of pudong.)
Yup I took the bus and got off at People's Square. It's fairly close to LRM so I just walked for about 10 minutes. The bus was $20 only.

But, like you said everything is closed. I'll have to wait until morning to venture out.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One nice aspect of staying at LRM is that you can see the building and walk toward it. It's very tall and distinctive.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Hello--

I'll be visiting Shanghai in December. My flight arrives around 9am (I'm going the long way around, LHR-PVG )

I'm looking at Hilton properties in town and these two have nearly identical pricing:

Hilton Shanghai
No. 250 Hua Shan Road, Shanghai, 200040, China

DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai Pudong
889 Yanggao Nan Road Pudong, Shanghai, 200127, China

Would one be better for doing touristy things? Closer to transport? Easier to get to from the airport?

Thanks!

(and thanks for all the help on my trip to Beijing last year, this forum is great!)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Pudong is closer to the airport but far from most tourist stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.