Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Xi'an Hotels

Xi'an Hotels

Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I've stayed at the Westin a couple of times and found it to be a good Hotel. As pointed out, there are quite a few things to see in the immediate area. There is also a Starbucks about a 10 minute walk. One thing to mention, it was at one time a museum. It is quite a large place and if they assign you a room away from the elevator banks, it can be quite a walk. Also, the windows are at an angle and makes it odd to look out.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:54 pm

I stayed at the Westin (without status, but points for Club upgrade). I loved the location and (while I don't remember hotel details) I would definitely stay again. The neighbourhood is great for both Western and Chinese touring. I walked to town via the park (and all the great music and dancing) and back via a different route. It is a beautiful park to walk around.

I LOVED Xi'an, the food, the town, the atmosphere, the walls (and the hotel). The terracotta warriors were more of a checkmark than something I would ever do again.

Dr. PITUK
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I stayed at the Westin (without status, but points for Club upgrade). I loved the location and (while I don't remember hotel details) I would definitely stay again. The neighbourhood is great for both Western and Chinese touring. I walked to town via the park (and all the great music and dancing) and back via a different route. It is a beautiful park to walk around.

I LOVED Xi'an, the food, the town, the atmosphere, the walls (and the hotel). The terracotta warriors were more of a checkmark than something I would ever do again.

Dr. PITUK
100% agree with your comments on Xian. Biking on the walls for me is far more interesting than the Terra Cotta Warriors which you need to do just once in your life.

I like the Westin, and for overseas visitors the location is good. The Sheraton North, however, is where I usually stay because it is more convenient for my needs. If you don't mind trying the subway it is just a couple of stops to the the closest Wall gate. The original Sheraton is a well run hotel, but the location is bad for traffic and it is very difficult getting a taxi around there. However, there are many very good, large, local restaurants on the same street.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I stayed at the Hilton last October when I went to Xi'an. It's an excellent hotel with great service. Walking distance to Xi'an metro.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
How inconvenient is the Shangri-la? I just booked a great package than includes a day tour of the Warriors, airport transfers and a bunch of other goodies. We're only there for 2 nights so in on day one, tour on day 2 and out on day 3, but we will have some time the afternoon of day 1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.