Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

The Official Shanghai Meet Up Thread

The Official Shanghai Meet Up Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ellyse
Ok, definitely not my kind of thing then. I don't drink that much and definitely not going to drink enough to make 300 RMB worthwhile. Have fun with your friends!
I don't have high hopes, but the good news is that I can walk home from there whenever I please (getting taxis on NYE is always a serious PITA).
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
I don't have high hopes, but the good news is that I can walk home from there whenever I please (getting taxis on NYE is always a serious PITA).
Ended up going to the Crocus in the end because Liquid Laundry sold out, and we weren't all too excited about going there in the first place.

While not nearly as special as old Crocus, I have to say that new Crocus isn't half bad (friendly staff, surprisingly good food, and reasonable prices).
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:33 am

How does Friday night (1/9) look for you guys?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:58 am

Hey, all. If anyone else is stuck in SH this week, let's try to meet up. I'm good for most evenings. moondogsh
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
I will be having dinner with my new housemate and Spanish CouchSurfer tonight (Chinese New Year Eve), not sure where yet, will probably be wandering out of our apartment and seeing what's still open and looking good. Let me know if you wanna join us. I fly back from NRT in the afternoon.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I'll be in Pudong on the 8th and 9th if anyone wants to grab lunch or a drink.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hi there, Will be in Shanghai 4/25 till 4/28. If anyone is interested in meeting up, please let me know.. Just attended FTU Advanced so have some tips to share..
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:07 am

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/shangh...g-to-shanghai/

Let's do this!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:49 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
online tickets min y680
http://en.damai.cn/event/tickets_83966/
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
That time period in September is a pretty good one for concerts with Maroon 5, Bon Jovi, and Robbie Williams.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:50 am

Pudong Shangri-La, tomorrow (and, all Sundays between now and the end of swimming season; I haven't been yet, bit the word on the street is "awesome beyond belief").
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:00 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Pudong Shangri-La, tomorrow (and, all Sundays between now and the end of swimming season; I haven't been yet, bit the word on the street is "awesome beyond belief").

Pudong Shangrila iKandy Ultra Lounge

Guide To Shanghai’s Glamorous Hotel Pools

Last edited by anacapamalibu; Jul 18, 2015 at 11:17 am
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Notes:
-definitely worth doing
-free before 1p; password is "mvp"
-Mandarin City is cooler (less beautiful people, and you need to pay Y100 to get in, but it's just more fun... plus, the food/drinks are a lot cheaper)

In any event, the plan for the rest of the summer is Mandarin City on Saturdays and the Pudong Shangri-La on Sundays.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:08 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Looks great. I am planning on spending Sun eve 8/30 in Shanghai before my flight out the next morning to HKG. Unfortunately, won't be pulling in until after 8pm (work, work, work.) Staying at the IC Expo (haven't tried that one yet.) My flight to HKG isn't too early, so could meet up somewhere.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Notes:
-definitely worth doing
-free before 1p; password is "mvp"
-Mandarin City is cooler (less beautiful people, and you need to pay Y100 to get in, but it's just more fun... plus, the food/drinks are a lot cheaper)

In any event, the plan for the rest of the summer is Mandarin City on Saturdays and the Pudong Shangri-La on Sundays.
Is the Pudong Shangri-La pool the one Daniel Craig swims in as James Bond in Skyfall? I want to go there.

How is Mandarin(e) City overall? I may look at moving over there and walked through the complex over the weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.