Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Wanda Hotel Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Sofitel Wanda Hotel Beijing

Looks like I'll be in Beijing for a few nights in mid-June and am considering staying here as it looks like I'm getting a good rate.

Anyone stay here/have opinions?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jamoldo
Looks like I'll be in Beijing for a few nights in mid-June and am considering staying here as it looks like I'm getting a good rate.

Anyone stay here/have opinions?
What's the rate?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

$155 USD/night all in. I've been to Capital Ren and liked it and want to try other places...
Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:04 am

$155 USD/night all in. I've been to Capital Ren and liked it and want to try other places...
Have you stayed at the Park Hyatt or China World Summit Wing? Both of those can be had for under y1200. I will warn you to steer clear of the Kerry Centre until they complete their renovation. The entire lobby is closed and it is noisy.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:08 am
Original Poster

No way... How? I looked at kayak, agoda, ctrip and others but didn't see such good rates?

I already booked it, so that's ok - and I can report back. I'm getting charged 1200ish the first night and then 900 the other two nights.. Company is picking up first night, so I'm happy to save 600 RMB the other two nights...

You know funny thing I saw all of the low rates for the Kerry Centre and thought "must be renovation" and I go to the webpage and there it is, right there...
Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:18 am

No way... How? I looked at kayak, agoda, ctrip and others but didn't see such good rates?
It's all about the "codes" (and I know you are well schooled in that area). Honestly, Beijing has an enormous supply of hotel rooms now, and I don't think there is much demand above the y1200 price point. While some people may pay more than that, guys like yourself that are in town every week generally do not.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Stayed there the last few times I was in Beijing (close to corporate HQ). Pretty nice hotel...staff are nice....my rate has included breakfast which is a very nice buffet. A little stuffy. Last time they upgraded me to a suite (sweet ). Some of the rooms have a cool glass wall between the bathtub and your bedroom with a "magic" button that turns the wall from clear to cloudy.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:48 am
Original Poster

A simply beautiful hotel. I only had the breakfast once (nice spread but 227 CNY - wow!) and it was quality. The room was nicely decorated, the bed was very comfy. The lobby was pretty opulent the pool was lovely. Not a huge fan of the bar though - to be honest, though the Imax next door as well a decent xinjiang place behind the hotel give it a few solid points.

Paid about 1300 CNY Thursday night (company did) fri/sat were about 900ish - through something i found on Kayak.com. Would definitely stay there for the price.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Any recent stays? I'll be in Beijing this May, have Accor Plat and would love to check this property out
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Blootch
Any recent stays? I'll be in Beijing this May, have Accor Plat and would love to check this property out
Yup, stayed there a few weeks. Generally quite nice, the rooms are standard sofitel rooms, upgrade was given upon arrival, also macarons and fruit on room. See here

Lounge nothing to write home about, if you care about that.
Location not the best, but near subway and then easy to reach anything within beijing... If you have more questions feel free to ask
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:19 am

Isn't Wanda in the process of bringing this property under its own flag now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.