Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing food products to China

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Shimon
How much money can I make on bringing iPad 2s? I am not looking to waste to much time to sell it.
You should check out taobao. The shelf life of high yields is really short, but high yields are obtainable for certain products. Patron is easier to unload; PM/email me if you require more assurance; my guy is in BJ, but his company is based in SH. Other high-end booze also works, but the margins vary widely. IMO, booze trumps ipads; you can bring in four bottles (assuming you have 6 months left on your visa). If you're down to play ball, I will do my best to make the deal work. I'm going to Thailand this week, and will certainly bring back four bottles of something; I will call my guy from the duty free shop.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:36 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
With the recent explosion at Foxconn Chengdu factory that could
drive up the price. I doubt it would lead to any real shortages,
but short term price hike by resellers will happen.

On taobao they sell for:
16G ~3860y
32G ~4788y
64G ~5000 - 6000y

Looks like the 16G is about 100USD priced higher than US. Not much profit on a 500USD cost item.

Better margin on selling fake DVD, Bag, Watch.

Last edited by anacapamalibu; May 22, 2011 at 11:44 am
Old May 22, 2011, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shimon
How much money can I make on bringing iPad 2s? I am not looking to waste to much time to sell it.
That's it for me, too much time/hassle vs the earnings. Normal job is better for that...
Old May 23, 2011, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mnredfox
That's it for me, too much time/hassle vs the earnings. Normal job is better for that...
I brought in 5 last year, which I taobaoed -- using a friend's store -- before I even left the US. That was a pretty easy $1500. That having been said, I wouldn't do it again because worrying incessantly about customs pretty much ruined an otherwise pleasant flight (one or two, when $300 spreads are attainable, maybe, but not 5). I like the Patron idea because it's so simple and there is virtually no risk at all.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:56 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by moondog
I like the Patron idea because it's so simple and there is virtually no risk at all.
Patron- arbitrage, risk-free profit at zero cost.
IPad2- smuggling
Old May 23, 2011, 1:38 pm
ucc

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Patron- arbitrage, risk-free profit at zero cost.
IPad2- smuggling

Originally Posted by moondog
Yes. While I can't vouch for Shimon's city, BJ and SH are quite civilized.
Exactly, they are quite advanced at (bio)chemistry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.