Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hotels at or near PEK / Beijing Capital International Airport
Please feel free to add properties or edit details to add value to this wiki

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
Terminal 3, 1 Sanjing Road, Beijing Capital Int'l. Airport, NA China
TEL: +86-10-6458 8888 FAX: +86-10-6458 8889
Web: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/chi...HI/index.html?

HOTEL INFORMATION
Check-in: 2:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Executive rooms and Lounge: Yes
Smoking: Non-Smoking - Hilton Beijing Capital Airport Hotel is a Non-smoking hotel. Smoking only allowed in designated areas outside the hotel.
Parking: Self parking: Ą 33.00 (Free for hotel guest)
Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

A 24-hour free airport shuttle bus runs every 20 minutes from T3 / Second drive lane outside Gate 5 (1st Floor), and every 30 minutes from T2 / Gate 3 (1st Floor). Please request in advance for service between 23:30 to 06:00 via Tel (86 10) 64504828 or Email: michael.shen <at> hilton.com.
Print Wikipost

PEK / Beijing Capital Airport: hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
In that case, go for the Hilton or the Langham.
Thanks! I will report back afterwards. I wish there were better connections to 2nd/3rd/Nth tier Chinese cities from Tokyo or Seoul, as both PVG and PEK leave a lot to be desired as hubs.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FLLDL
Thanks! I will report back afterwards. I wish there were better connections to 2nd/3rd/Nth tier Chinese cities from Tokyo or Seoul, as both PVG and PEK leave a lot to be desired as hubs.
Everything I've read/heard about the Hilton indicates that it is a very nice hotel.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moondog
Everything I've read/heard about the Hilton indicates that it is a very nice hotel.
Stayed there in 2008, had a fantastic stay. Service was excellent, lounge fabulous, nothing short of great.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: air canada *A Gold, united, delta, american
Thumbs up Langham Place at Beijing Capital Airport - Superb Choice

We recently had 2 stays at this superb hotel. It compares to a W Hotel in its decor and comfort level. Sculptures and paintings give the bright interior a modern flair. The buffet lunch and breakfast in the main dining room have extensive tasty choices, with several cooks preparing dishes to order. Think omelettes or Chinese noodle soups based on superb ingredients. The rooms were well sized, meticulously clean, with very comfortable bedding. Look for the hidden chocolate bar in one of the drawers: it is yours to enjoy! The lounge staff were very helpful on the executive level when I declined the Dynamic Currency Conversion by Bank of China in view of how the terms favour that bank but not any traveler...
Getting to and from the hotel involves a shuttle bus that truly does leave every 15 or 20 minutes from a spot just outside Terminal 3. The Hilton bus leaves right next to it. As you look towards the railway terminal in front of Terminal 3, you can see the Langham Place to the right. It would indeed be a long walk with bags, though. One last thing: we scoured the Net for deals, and found prices on the Langham Place website and Orbitz to be the best around at that time. Price range Summer 2011 was roughly USD $150 in a regular room, about $200 on the exective floor. Enjoy your stay at a great hotel!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
I second the enthusiasm for the Langham Place. Modern, friendly and functional. Posting from "The Portal" a open air internet cafe set-up attached to the lobby bar :-) I stop over here a few times a year either before or after AA Chicago flights.

And it is about an 800m walk, heading right as you exit out onto the street at arrivals level - but sweaty work with bags in summer.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I had a layover last month of 11 hours, getting in about 1am at PEK. The hourly lounges were full, the nearby hotels were totally full.

A worker at the airport information desk said he knows one hotel has room and it was a 'terminal 3 hotel'.....against my better judgement and total sleep state, I took this shuttle to the hotel. I honestly thought I was in for a setup to con, and I did way overpay for the hotel (but I talked them down 198rmb off their listed price of (698rmb or so in written chinese only, on a 2am walkin). The hotel was like an oven, the lobby was well over 90F, I got in the room and it was the same, and the lock did not work.
I can't even find this hotel on any map now, but it was rather small and local. It had pinyin first letters abbreviations of 'BJSY' on the shuttle van. The hotel was very close to the airport, out in the industrial and airport services/catering building areas.
I would NOT chose this hotel as a first choice, but the AC was a split system with 100% control to the user and ended up being the best AC in all china hotels. the non locking door had me quite concerned about my fears of being a setup. Luckily they had a LOT of heavy wooden furniture, table, chairs, and an amazing coat rack.

I put the chair wedged under the door knob, table behind it for some weight, and I rigged the coat rack to fall on someones head if the rope that was holding it (a window dressing and shade had a nice long rope) was triggered to release when the door opened. Overall after this I showered and slept better than ever!

The shuttle service was prompt and I got 6 hours sleep, showered and ready in plenty time during the layover. I wish it had been daytime and I'd have spent that money doing a driving tour or something else, but alas it was late and I made the best of a situation.

So the moral of the story is, hotel 'BJSY' is not great, but has enough for you to get some sleep if you make the best of it!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: United GS, SPG plat
Red face 7.30am flight Term 3 PEK

I am on a 7.30a flight on Air China. What time would I have to leave from St. Regis to catch this flight or will it be a better idea to stay at the Airport to catch this flight? Is there traffic in that direction at that time in the AM? Any problems finding a taxi at that time?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by sfdweller
I am on a 7.30a flight on Air China. What time would I have to leave from St. Regis to catch this flight or will it be a better idea to stay at the Airport to catch this flight? Is there traffic in that direction at that time in the AM? Any problems finding a taxi at that time?
I would book a taxi the night before, but traffic should be pretty light. Leave at around 545a.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:59 pm

Visa requirement

Hello guys,

I will have a connecting flight in Peking airport with 23 hrs of transit time.

The embassy of China says:

1. Visas are not required of aliens () who hold air tickets to the final destination and have booked seats on international airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.

Now, my questions is: Would leaving the airport mean having to go back in though customs (i.e. needing a visa)? Would the same apply to any hotel on the airport (including these hourly paid hotel rooms)?

Any help is much appreciated!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Yes - you have to go back through customs. Upon arrival you will need to go to the most far left immigration counter. You will need to show them your onward ticket that will be departing within 24hours. They didn't asked my colleague about the hotel booking at all. You will get a stamp in your passport and they will write down your arrival flight and departure flight. Some check-in agents do get confused if they can't find a China Visa when you check in for a new flight again (if you haven't received the BP yet at original departure desitnation).
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Eflix84
Hello guys,

I will have a connecting flight in Peking airport with 23 hrs of transit time.

The embassy of China says:

1. Visas are not required of aliens () who hold air tickets to the final destination and have booked seats on international airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.

Now, my questions is: Would leaving the airport mean having to go back in though customs (i.e. needing a visa)? Would the same apply to any hotel on the airport (including these hourly paid hotel rooms)?

Any help is much appreciated!
You don't need a visa but still have to go through Immigration. You can leave the airport. Do what the above poster said. Make a hotel booking in the city and go there and do something fruitful with the time you have. All the transit hotels except the one in T3 near gate E10 are on the nonsecure side of the each terminal, so you'd still go through the same process as previously described.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by jiejie
You don't need a visa but still have to go through Immigration. You can leave the airport. Do what the above poster said. Make a hotel booking in the city and go there and do something fruitful with the time you have. All the transit hotels except the one in T3 near gate E10 are on the nonsecure side of the each terminal, so you'd still go through the same process as previously described.
+11 (an homage to "singles day")
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by jiejie
Thanks a million, guys. You've saved me €70 ^
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:51 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Eflix84
Thanks a million, guys. You've saved me €70 ^
Anyone on the list have any experience actually using this system? I usually fly from YYZ, and the GAs there check China visas VERY carefully prior to boarding. I'm a bit dubious they would accept an onward ticket as evidence that a visa is not needed
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by SYM
Anyone on the list have any experience actually using this system? I usually fly from YYZ, and the GAs there check China visas VERY carefully prior to boarding. I'm a bit dubious they would accept an onward ticket as evidence that a visa is not needed
Plenty of people avail of TWOV every day. There is a long thread here on the topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.