Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hotels at or near PEK / Beijing Capital International Airport
Please feel free to add properties or edit details to add value to this wiki

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
Terminal 3, 1 Sanjing Road, Beijing Capital Int'l. Airport, NA China
TEL: +86-10-6458 8888 FAX: +86-10-6458 8889
Web: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/chi...HI/index.html?

HOTEL INFORMATION
Check-in: 2:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Executive rooms and Lounge: Yes
Smoking: Non-Smoking - Hilton Beijing Capital Airport Hotel is a Non-smoking hotel. Smoking only allowed in designated areas outside the hotel.
Parking: Self parking: Ą 33.00 (Free for hotel guest)
Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

A 24-hour free airport shuttle bus runs every 20 minutes from T3 / Second drive lane outside Gate 5 (1st Floor), and every 30 minutes from T2 / Gate 3 (1st Floor). Please request in advance for service between 23:30 to 06:00 via Tel (86 10) 64504828 or Email: michael.shen <at> hilton.com.
Print Wikipost

PEK / Beijing Capital Airport: hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 5:46 pm

For everyone's convenience, this is the text linked to above (supplementary note at end), and the account is based on personal experience. The lounges discussed were last visited a little over a year ago.

> Does anyone know of a sleep or rest area in terminal 3?

Yes, it's open. It's at the far right-hand end of level 2 as you face out of the building, and signposted.

> If so, can you tell me how it works?

Just like a hotel, but you can rent a room by the hour or overnight. The rooms are typically large and clean, have no bath but a proper shower cubicle, but no windows.

> Do you have to leave the screened security area to check in?

Yes, The location is in the public concourse that stretches across the front of the building. Go right to the front of the building and turn right.

> Do you know the price?

It's Ą300 for a standard room with private bath for 4–6 hours, Ą400 for longer, less for shorter periods. You can pay less for a room with common bath, or Ą400 for 4–6 hours in a triple with private bath. You can try to bargain these prices down, but don't expect much success.

> Reservation process?

The overwhelming majority of the business will be walk-up. I've known one of the two 'time-rate lounges' as they call them in Terminal 2 to get full, but when I went round these places in Terminals 1, 2, and 3 last year all had vacancies. They are all run by the same people, so if Terminal 3's happened to have no space they would call and check the others. There's a free shuttle bus to Terminals 1 & 2, and although Terminal 1 is much older it's 'time-rate lounge' has recently been completely refurbished and would be your first choice over the twin rather more tired facilities of Terminal 2. Except for variations in room sizes (and in Terminal 2 you can just hire a comfy chair in a lounge with TV blaring) the rates are much the same in all three terminals.

If you want to try and reserve in Terminal 3, the number is 010 6455 8577.

End quote. Supplementary note:

According to a message recently received from the Hilton PR people the airport property won't until until July.

If you're considering Terminal 2 (much more tired unless recently refurbished) then of the two lounges (down in the basement) you want the south one, which has single and doubles with private bath (the north has only common bath). The number is 6459 8943.

Terminal 1 (standard rooms with private bath, and suites): 6454 0985. This is only a short (interior) walk from Terminal 2.

Frankly, for a brief crash between flights you'd have to be ultra-fastidious (to the point where you probably really shouldn't be travelling in China) to find the T1 or T3 options objectionable, at least as last seen, although there's always the possibility of thoughtless behaviour from fellow travellers to disturb you. Probably Ą260 for under six hours for a single room. Ą300 for six or more. (The figures quoted earlier were for a family, if I remember correctly.)

Peter N-H
China
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL
What's the visa situation for the hotels near the airport? My potential layover is significantly longer (18 hours) and would definitely be worth it for a hotel. Do Americans need a visa in advance (or at all if we're leaving the next day)?

Cheers1
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nstick13
What's the visa situation for the hotels near the airport? My potential layover is significantly longer (18 hours) and would definitely be worth it for a hotel. Do Americans need a visa in advance (or at all if we're leaving the next day)?

Cheers1
You'll be fine without a visa for 24 hours or less.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:49 pm

There are several hotels in Beijing airport.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
There was no room at the PEK transit hotel

I showed up at the hourly lounge with the hotel-like rooms in the public area of the arrival level at PEK Terminal 3 at about 11 pm on February 12, 2010. And, unfortunately, despite assurances (obtained by two Chinese friends who called the facility to inquire on my behalf about the reservation policy and availability norms) that rooms "were almost always available", there was no room. Per advice on this thread, I asked about availability at hourly lounges at other terminals, and the lady shook her head "no".

Long story short, I ended up staying at the "flea bag" 1-star Hang Lu Airport Hotel, a representative of which was lingering outside the transit hotel to recruit prospective customers like me who were being turned away from the transit hotel. The rate was 380 RMB. It was a pretty sad place, with some customers checking out at midnight while I was checking in (an observation leading to an obvious conclusion as to the typical purpose of the hotel). But they did have a free shuttle van to/from the airport, and I was able to get a few hours' sleep.

But a lesson learned here: I will no longer rely on availability at any lodging facility, including airport transit hotels, that does not accept reservations.

And if you want to "rough it" sleeping at the Beijing airport, there are some reclining chairs just outside the McDonalds (which is all the way to the left as you exit the baggage claim into the public part of the arrival level). The next morning, I met a couple from Finland who took that action. It had been cold inside the airport overnight and they said they were ill-equipped to deal with the cold, as they were en route home from Thailand (not sure how they would deal with the cold upon arriving home in Finland).
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by andrewk829
Per advice on this thread, I asked about availability at hourly lounges at other terminals, and the lady shook her head "no".
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you heed any of the other advice in order to craft a back-up plan (i.e. there's no real cancellation penalty for ctrip hotel reservations, and tolerable hotels fetch 500-600)?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience. I must admit I wouldn't have taken 'no' for an answer until I'd actually seen the receptionist at one hotel phone the others.

If that failed, I'd have jumped in a taxi to the Ibis, very close by (but whose existence I've only just discovered). Rates there are very low, but the quality of the interiors is identical to all the European Ibises.

Peter N-H
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:58 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by andrewk829
I asked about availability at hourly lounges at other terminals, and the lady shook her head "no".
In general if that person doesn't have availability of what you are asking for
they will just reply "meiyou" don't have. .. not wanting to bother to really check anywhere else. But since you were there right before CNY, the heaviest travel time in China, its possible everything was booked.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Thanks for some of the sympathy here . . . but the experience in retrospect was kind of fun and funny . . . and it makes a good story. No real harm done. And, if nothing else, it made my somewhat longer overnight airport stay (one week later, on the way back to the U.S.) at the nearby Crowne Plaza hotel seem that much more luxurious by comparison.

By the way, I did see the nearly-finished Hilton hotel near the airport. It is very close to PEK's Terminal 3, but not exactly adjacent -- i.e., no indoor access from the airport like the O'Hare Hilton or the DFW Hyatt. It appears to be easily walkable for a healthy person with limited luggage, assuming a pedestrian-friendly route to it (was not able to ascertain sidewalk patterns; some airports make it difficult or impossible for pedestrians and bicyclists to reach nearby neighborhoods). The Hilton website indicates they will be running a shuttle bus service. In any case, the Hilton will make a nice in-transit hotel alternative for the traveler with a few extra bucks to spend.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
In general if that person doesn't have availability of what you are asking for
they will just reply "meiyou" don't have. .. not wanting to bother to really check anywhere else. But since you were there right before CNY, the heaviest travel time in China, its possible everything was booked.
I think this was the likely problem. Just an unfortunate circumstance of timing, that you happened to be travelling at the same time as half of China.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
You'll be fine without a visa for 24 hours or less.
is this documented somewhere? I'm scared to just go and show up at the airport!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by bbmatt
is this documented somewhere? I'm scared to just go and show up at the airport!
If you spend 5 minutes on google, you should be able to find something semi official, documenting this policy.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
beijing airport hotels

im arriving at 12.30am and have one day in beijing before flight the day after at 7.30am-with 2 small kids-so thinking best to stay at airport-any advice on hotels right at airport?

thakns
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
im arriving at 12.30am and have one day in beijing before flight the day after at 7.30am-with 2 small kids-so thinking best to stay at airport-any advice on hotels right at airport?

thakns
The Hilton and the Langham are both really close (~800 meters) to T3. The Sino Swiss is a 5-10 minute drive from T2 or T3. It is substantially cheaper, but still decent IMO. I haven't been inside the Hilton or the Langham yet; I read an interview with the Hilton GM and was quite impressed by what they've done up there.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
... plus there's a newish and great Crowne Plaza with free pick-up (10 mins) with cheap (400-800 yuan/night) rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.