Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Juneyao / Spring Airlines: PVG - HKG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Juneyao / Spring Airlines: PVG - HKG

Anyone taken Spring airlines from HKG to PVG...comment on their timeliness? I saw they have $45 USD one way flights on their web site. Not sure if that includes all of the taxes and baggage allowance.

Can't find any info on flightstats for them. However, I did see Juneyao is also flying the route, any comments on Juneyao or where even to book the tix for them?

Next cheapest is MU I saw for bookings 60 days out.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
I believe HK is their first 'international' route so don't know anything about it. I've ridden them a few times domestically, it was fine.

Try booking on Ctrip or Elong. I haven't tried in a long time but I do believe international cards should work fine now.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mackenzie77
Try booking on Ctrip or Elong. I haven't tried in a long time but I do believe international cards should work fine now.
\

For airlines like these, I would try to book on their websites first. Sometimes ctrip accepts foreign plastic; sometimes they don't (it seems they switch processors almost quarterly).

Regarding the $45 fares, I'd be willing to bet that those come in at over $100 once taxes/fees are added on,.... still a great deal.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Just set up an account and checked online; $45 tix come out to a total $83.20 USD for 9C, Spring Airlines OW HKG to PVG.

Free Baggage Allowance: your free baggage allowance is 15 kg (including checked baggage and unchecked baggage).

They must be running a promo cuz now I see some $30 tix which end up being $68.10 but can only buy tix till the 3rd week of March.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Eighty-three bucks? That's a pretty good deal!

Tell us how the trip goes afterwards.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mackenzie77
Eighty-three bucks? That's a pretty good deal!

Tell us how the trip goes afterwards.
Ended up buying a ticket on MU because I need to travel in April and the 9C tix are not being sold yet for April. Also, MU cuz they have more flight times and was only $20 more.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:58 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Do Juneyao Biz class passengers have access to a lounge in PVG domestic?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
I have TRIED to fly Juneyao twice now. Both times THEY cancelled the flight, once a month prior to departure date and the other two weeks prior. Both times, ended up flying China Eastern without paying more money but it was a hassle because the scheduling was off.

If you really need to get somewhere stress free, don't use these folks however if you don't mind being inconvienced a bit it is worth it.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:48 am

Bought a ticket last minute with Spring. Can't believe they plan on selling standing tickets. Fly to Shenzhen and save your sanity.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:04 pm
bcx

Does anyone know what the Spring Airlines site doesn't allow November dates to be chosen yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.