Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smoking at JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Smile Smoking at JFK?

Does anyone know if there is smoking in Delta's Terminal 3 at JFK? Or somewhere close to terminal 3? We have an hour layover, and want to have a smoke.

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Steve Martins said it best, "No, I don't mind if you smoke. Do you mind if I fart?""

sorry I could not resist---here is your answer
yes (limited places)
http://ash.org/usairportsmokingpolicies.html
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:22 pm

Programs: Skymiles SM
Hmmm, I figured it was banned everywhere inside the building.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Short answer for the OP - There are no smoking areas in the Delta terminal(s) at JFK (other than possibly the clubs in the link above). From what I saw, all smokers have to exit the terminal (and security).
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Short answer for the OP - There are no smoking areas in the Delta terminal(s) at JFK (other than possibly the clubs in the link above). From what I saw, all smokers have to exit the terminal (and security).
There is no smoking at all at JFK anymore, not even in the DL clubs. You have to go outside and one hour is probably not enough time to go outside and then back through security.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Traveller
There is no smoking at all at JFK anymore, not even in the DL clubs. You have to go outside and one hour is probably not enough time to go outside and then back through security.
I agree with Traveller's first sentence and disagree with her second.

I have always managed to get out and have a cigarette and an hour would have been plenty of time (assuming that I didn't have to clear Customs during that hour).

Of course, my smoking tended to be done rather quickly -- as I am usually flying into JFK in the heart of winter and I am dressed as you might expect of someone travelling from Tel Aviv to Florida.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
As others have pointed out, there is no smoking in terminal 3 & 2 at JFK. However, if you want a quick smoke, I suggest exiting T3 by the BE checkin area (at the front of T3). The area is covered in case it is raining and the security line is usually short.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by avflyer
I suggest exiting T3 by the BE checkin area (at the front of T3). The area is covered in case it is raining and the security line is usually short.
Just a small point but that is no longer the BE checkin area - I believe the rotunda check-in area now has a Medallion line as well as regular lines. BE has now moved to Terminal 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.