Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kooza

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Kooza

With my recent discovery of affordable Kooza tickets at Goldstar ( ), I was wondering if anyone here has gone to a late-afternoon show... am specifically wondering if the earlier time makes the show much warmer under 'the tent'. Newbie question, I know! I think the afternoon show fits our trip better than the evening one, but just want to make sure everyting is equal for both...

Also, are there any places to grab a bite to eat in that area?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:53 am
Suspended

since its a/ced I dont think it will any difference which show you go to.

But do GO!! I saw Kooza in Hartford as I wasnt gonna be around to catch it in Philly.

I have to say its the BEST traveling show CdS has put together and worth 2x the price. The show before that Corteo I caught out in Orange County and wasnt worth $5 and most people around me didnt come back for the 2nd part.

I usually sit in the Cat1 seats down below and Center but did Kooza using the discount Cat2 seats, it was Awesome
Old Jul 14, 2008, 7:31 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SharonLPK
not really, but United center is so close to downtown that it doesn't really matter. For me personally, I'd look at one of the Greektown restaurants or those on Randolph like Red Light, Marche or such.

Originally Posted by craz
I have to say its the BEST traveling show CdS has put together and worth 2x the price.
very good to hear^
Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Your information is much appreciated! I keep changing what we're going to do while in town, good to read that Kooza is a good choice I'll check my trusty map to try to figure out the restaurant situation, thanks for the ideas and we're looking forward to it!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I just went to Kooza this past Saturday. It's my first CdS experience and it was pretty good. Some seriously death-defying acts (particularly those 2 crazies on the giant spinning hamster wheel thing in the 2nd half) made for a good time. It seemed that there were several restaurants and shops along Madison on the way to the United Center from 90/94, so that may be a pre-show option although, to Sweet Willie's point, it's a relatively short drive from downtown.

Btw, we saw the 4pm show and it was nice and cool inside the tent. They keep the a/c blowing the whole time, so you should be comfortable. We were seated in the "Price Level 1" section 200. GREAT view, although I suspect it was quite good from almost anywhere except the extreme sides (Price Level 3). Use the bathrooom before and/or after the show. It's nuts during intermission. If you must go during the break, wait until the end lest you end up waiting in line for 15 minutes. Also, the popcorn is way too salty.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
not really, but United center is so close to downtown that it doesn't really matter. For me personally, I'd look at one of the Greektown restaurants or those on Randolph like Red Light, Marche or such.
Actually, it depends on what one means by "in that area," because Marche and Red Light and other River West restaurants are not much more than 1/2 mile away. Even closer are such places as Twisted Spoke, Billy Goat, Union Park Grill, or more expensively, Ina's and Carmichael's (which has a parking lot and shuttle to the UA during games - don't know about other events).
Old Aug 2, 2008, 9:12 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was wondering if anyone here has gone to a late-afternoon show... am specifically wondering if the earlier time makes the show much warmer under 'the tent'.
Went to Kooza yesterday 4pm show, was concerned about comfort level as the heat and humidity were very high yesterday but the show tent remains very cool with the AC units.^

We really enjoyed the show, the flexible trio, wheel of death, the juggler were the three highlights for me. Music was quite enjoyable also.

--

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.