Wiki Posts
Search

Garrett's Popcorn Shop

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Shouldn't be hard as I understand vacancy rates are inching up on Michigan Ave. but then can Garrett's make effective use of a 20,000 sq ft space ?
But, I can't immediately think of anything that would meet their needs. Smallish, with a street-level presence on N. Michigan. There are some places south of the bridge, but that's not really where they need to be.

I also found it interesting that they're opening a branch in Manhattan - wonder how that will pan out.
Old May 23, 2008, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Shouldn't be hard as I understand vacancy rates are inching up on Michigan Ave. but then can Garrett's make effective use of a 20,000 sq ft space ?
It certainly would come in handy in the winter and summer. I find inside lines a little more comfortable than standing outside.
Old May 27, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by cawhite
I've been going there since one of my first visits to Chicago, introduced by one of my local friends; usually the Loop, but sometimes the Michigan Ave location (the MI Ave location lines do get outrageously long during the holiday shopping season and I've never quite felt it was worth THAT wait). I do like their caramel corn better than most that I've had (other than homemade), especially when it's still warm although it's still pretty good after it cools down. Can't say that it's something I'd endure the lines or cost to buy for someone to ship it to them, though.
Agreed. Some of the BEST popcorn around. I recommend the location on Randolph betweeen State and Dearborn - they make it fresh there and you get a little more generous pour there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.