Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Home Made Corned Beef Hash in the NW suburbs (Mt. Prospect)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2001, 9:57 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

There are two places for terrific homemade corned beef hash (CBH) in the NW suburbs. Artemis and Egg Factory.

My dad used to get the awful CBH in a can from the grocery store, plus as a kid I did not like corned beef. Later in life, I went camping w/a buddy of mine who used to bring CBH. Again it was the WORST stuff, all salt, no flavor. A few years ago I had gone to breakfast at Artemis w/a friend of mine, the CBH looked good (and I LOVE corned beef now) so I asked for a taste. WHAT a revelation! just heavenly, no salt at all, real shreds of corned beef in the hash. Since then I am on the lookout for good CBH.

Just had breakfast at the Egg Factory, 100 E. Kensington (corner of Rand Rd & Kensington,SW corner of Randhurst shopping Center), Mt. Prospect. open 7 days a week 6am-4pm, (847)253.3333. The Egg Factory claims everything is made from scratch. I know the CBH is, terrific, just a notch below Artemis (maybe no one can beat Artemis as that is where I first tasted great CBH). I also had a breakfast special of Pecan Roll French toast, sliced pecan roll prepared like french toast, GREAT! good thing I had worked out this morning.
Wife had poached eggs over CBH w/American potatoes (which were from scratch).

Artemis, 912 Busse Rd (corner of Busse and Golf Rd.), Mt. Prospect. Open 7 days a week 6am-midnight. (847) 437.3020. Artemis a greek style restaurant. The "special" I normally get used to be only $1.99 two eggs, CBH, toast, American potatoes and coffee. It has been raised to 2.99. As stated above, the CBH is just tremendous here.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 7:09 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
The "special" I normally get used to be only $1.99 two eggs, CBH, toast, American potatoes and coffee. It has been raised to 2.99. As stated above, the CBH is just tremendous here.</font>
At Artemis (Mt. Prospect) the special is back down to $2.45, a great deal. The CBH (corned beef hash) is the best in Chicago (yes, better than Manny's even).

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited Dec 08, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.