Search

Best Thin Crust Pizza in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2002, 1:03 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Best Thin Crust Pizza in Chicago

In my neck of the woods there is a Barnaby's (on Touhy, Des Plaines), very good thin pizza, nice thin and crisp, good sausage.

Mr. Beef & Pizza (Elmhurst Rd, Mt Prospect), has surprisingly good thin crust pizza (edited recently to add that this is no longer that good)

For "CT style" pizza, try Peace on North Avenue, east of Milwaukee. Good thin crust, they offer a red (no cheese) and white (no sauce) pizzas

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jan 11, 2010 at 6:56 am
Old Nov 15, 2002, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sorry, Sweet Willie, but Chicago can't even come close to thin crust like Brooklyn does it...
Old Nov 16, 2002, 7:00 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anonplz:
Sorry, Sweet Willie, but Chicago can't even come close to thin crust like Brooklyn does it... </font>
well aware of that, hence the thread title of "best thin crust in Chicago"
Old Nov 27, 2002, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
ooh, I used to love Barnaby's as a kid!!! We used to go to the Dundee/Sunset Ridge/Skokie Hwy location. Then we found Giordano's, and then Carmen's....
Old Dec 3, 2002, 8:49 pm

anonplz please start a new thread, or slightly deviate on this one if you don't mind on Brooklyn joints that you would endorse. (or maybe you have done so ... I'll check out the NY dining boards in a second after I enter this since I typed it already.)

fwiw, you can't get flat pizza worth a nickle out here in the NW lands, unless you count frozen Home Run Inn, which in the scheme of frozen pizzas is not that bad, and after all, is from Chicago.

Old Dec 26, 2002, 7:00 pm

I'm still searching for good thin crust as well. I think Bricks (on Lincoln Ave) is my current favorite.

Charles
Old Jan 13, 2003, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by charles:
I'm still searching for good thin crust as well. I think Bricks (on Lincoln Ave) is my current favorite.

Charles
</font>
Barneby's is really good. In the north side of the city, I like Pat's Pizza on clark or Sheffield

Old Aug 12, 2004, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

(According to Citysearch)

The Art of Pizza
3033 N Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL
This strip-mall outfit does a serious delivery business of mostly Chicago-style pies, but their flaky, buttery thin crust pizza isn't to be missed either.

Barnaby's
134 W Golf Rd, Schaumburg, IL
Specializing in old-fashioned hand-tossed pies, this joint is stuck in the '70s--and yes, that's a good thing.

D'Agostino's Pizzeria
1351 W Addison St, Chicago, IL
Piping-hot and dripping with sweet sauce, this Wrigleyville joint's thin 'za has comforted many a heartbroken Cubs fan.

Giordano's
730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL
You'll love this legend's thin-crust pizzas--cut in squares, they're heavy on mozzarella, easy on sauce.

Gulliver's Pizzeria & Restaurant
2727 W Howard St, Chicago, IL
This old-school charmer's thin-crust pan pizza offers the best of both worlds: Substantial enough to hold plenty of toppings and tomatoey sauce, with a delicious, light crust.

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
439 N Wells St, Chicago, IL
They may be the first name in deep-dish 'za, but just as many pizza fanatics are crazy for Lou's firm, flaky thin-crust pies.

Pat's Pizzeria & Ristorante
3114 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL
Go light on the toppings to make the most of the paper-thin crust at this nicer-than-you'd-think Lakeview spot.

Piece
1927 W North Ave, Chicago, IL
Piece's New-Haven style, hand-formed pies have made believers out of Chicago pizza junkies.

Pizza Metro
1707 W Division St, Chicago, IL
The thin pies are hand-rolled at this popular Wicker Park spot, where potato and rosemary is just one of the uniquely flavorful menu items.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's been years since I've tried it, but Villa Bianca in Forest Park (or was it River Forest?) had excellent thin crust.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 4:24 pm
glg

Depends on what you want for thin. If you want a NY style thin, one of the absolute best I've had is Gigio's in downtown Evanston. Counter service place that sells by the slice or whole as well as having decent Italian Beef and burgers.

Gigio's
1001 Davis St.
Evanston, IL
847-328-0090

For a thin crispy crust, Vito and Nick on the south side is excellent.

Vito and Nick Pizzeria
8435 S. Pulaski
Chicago, IL
773-735-2050
Old Aug 15, 2004, 10:26 am

Pizza in Chicago, is like a religion!

^ D'Agostino's Pizza. For every 20 pizza's you buy you get one free. I though all of you mileage points junkies would see a little humor in that. I just worked up to my first pizza, it only took two years .Thats my frequent place. Of course it helps that the original Addison and Southport location is 2 blocks from home. FWIW, they recently opened two additional locations. Glenview, IL and another city location near the Ukranian Village at Chicago Ave, and Ogden.

Of couse being the Southside Fan (living in Lakeview ) What about the ^ ^ Homerun Inn? That is my favorite thin crust pie!

Now for Neoploitan style pizza (wood fired).... Pizza D.O.C. in Lincoln Square, Grazianos up in Niles, or even Buca Di Bepo (a chain I know) are great choices

Last edited by DataPlumber; Aug 15, 2004 at 10:31 am
Old Aug 15, 2004, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Gigio's brings back memories of graduate school. Slice of sausage, slice of cheese, can of diet coke. But it's really, really greasy pizza, the kind that you need to blot before eating.

Two Brothers is Elmhurst does a very nice thin and reasonably inexpensive crust, good enough to get me away from stuffed pizza for the six years that I lived there.

I am not a fan of Malnatti's at all. Ditto with Home Run Inn - they're four blocks from my house and I ordered from there the day I closed on the place because I had a bunch of relatives over to gawk at the empty place. Never again - it was like eating saltines with no taste.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I agree Barnaby's is excellent, as is Pat's on Sheffield. I am a fan of Father and Son for thin crust too. However, to go to Lou Malnati's and order thin crust is a mistake IMO.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Aug 18, 2004 at 6:03 pm
Old Aug 19, 2004, 12:07 pm

Barnaby's is great -- it's amazing how much of that I can eat -- and I also really like Edwardo's.

Mmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 12:24 pm
Permanently Banned

I'm addicted to the pizza at Yak-zies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.