Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Jmill79
Going in for (only) Global Entry interview. Is Lot D typically open and available on a Sunday morning? Im presuming this is the correct location as it states Terminal 5. Thanks
I've done it twice (initial application and renewal) at ORD and never exceeded the $2 for the first hour. I scheduled my interviews as close to their opening times as I could and in the middle of the week. Never was more than 100 feet from the entry to the walkway into the terminal.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Are Pre-Flight shuttles still reliable?

Is the honeymoon period over for Pre-Flight, or can anyone that has used them lately let me know if there shuttle service is still reliable?

Also, is there anything wrong with saving a buck by parking on the roof? I am going in late March/early April, so snow probably will not be an issue.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by loomis
Is the honeymoon period over for Pre-Flight, or can anyone that has used them lately let me know if there shuttle service is still reliable?

Also, is there anything wrong with saving a buck by parking on the roof? I am going in late March/early April, so snow probably will not be an issue.
Still extremely reliable, but the prices have been raised, in part because of the new city tax on shuttle buses, in part because of demand. (They get a LOT of airport employees, especially TSA, parking on the roof).

Personally, I always got the first floor parking when it was only $2 more than the rooftop, but now it's a bigger spread so I'll probably start parking on the 3rd floor. I like the covered parking because I can always park close to the elevator.

As of today, prepaid rates:
Rooftop - $9.50
2nd/3rd floors - $11.50
1st floor - $14.50

Taxes are included, and are now 16%+$0.50.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: aa gold
I don't usually park at ORD but am going to next week. Staying at Hilton as usual because of early flight. Hilton has parking for 35 a day. Never parked there, how convenient is it? Is it in main garage or somewhere else. It's really not specific
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I can recommend Pre-Flight parking. Very good service and you have the choice of covered valet parking, covered self-parking, and roof-top self-parking.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: aa gold
Originally Posted by aktchi
I can recommend Pre-Flight parking. Very good service and you have the choice of covered valet parking, covered self-parking, and roof-top self-parking.
Thanks. I think I'll give it a shot. Pricing seems right.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Good Pre-Flight experience

I asked about Pre-Flight earlier, then ended up using them, so I figure that I should post my results. I had a good experience with them. The shuttle to and from ORD was clean and prompt.

The one minor downside to parking on the roof was that I had to waive my paid my receipt through a couple of different barriers before getting to and from the top floor.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Anyone with experience at Loews via SpotHero? I am getting about $81 for nine nights of parking. Seems like a good deal for covered facility. I will most likely be staying at the Hilton Ohare and just dropping the car off the night before and shuttling back to the airport and getting the shuttle on the return. I did use them once when they were Intercontinental but not sure how good they operate under new management.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by bearsfanord
I don't usually park at ORD but am going to next week. Staying at Hilton as usual because of early flight. Hilton has parking for 35 a day. Never parked there, how convenient is it? Is it in main garage or somewhere else. It's really not specific
$35/day is the daily rate for parking in the main garage at ORD, so yeah, should be it.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Anyone with experience at Loews via SpotHero? I am getting about $81 for nine nights of parking. Seems like a good deal for covered facility. I will most likely be staying at the Hilton Ohare and just dropping the car off the night before and shuttling back to the airport and getting the shuttle on the return. I did use them once when they were Intercontinental but not sure how good they operate under new management.
I answered my own question. It worked out really well. After you park (it is covered) you go to the front desk and show them your spothero purchase they and print you out a ticket to leave the garage when you return. The shuttles are often and very friendly drivers. Will use again for sure.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:30 pm

Is ORD economy G parking likely to be full on Nov 25 or 26?

Is economy G parking like to be full on Nov 25 or 26?

I'm driving down to Chicago on Nov 25 or 26. Is ORD economy G parking likely to be full on either of those dates? I haven't decided which day to fly out of yet.

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:07 pm

I can't predict the holiday situation. If possible, I'd use a combination of Uber and CTA.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
I can't predict the holiday situation. If possible, I'd use a combination of Uber and CTA.
too far from ORD for that to work...

I ended up calling ORD and eventually reached someone in the parking office. She said there was indeed a chance of the economy parking lots becoming completely full. However, her advice was to get to the airport parking lot at least 5 or 6 hours before flight time. "Someone always leaves" she said. Her other suggestion was to leave the car in the daily lot($$$, as a last resort)
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:06 pm

OK, then I would try to make a firm reservation in one of the paid private lots around ORD. I like Preflight, but google for other options as well.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:11 pm

ORD Parking for free or cheap for 2-3 days?

So far i found 7 dollar per day plus tax parking lot. Im wondering if anyone one has a nice location to park cheaper than this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.