Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:34 am
Original Poster

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

There is a concept to bus a portion of connecting passengers from the domestic terminals to T5 airside in order to produce a more passenger friendly experience.

Currently only QR and BA bus their own connecting passengers from the end of the K concourse. This would replace that with a program being handled by the CDA for the entire airport.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
This would make so much sense and would presumably remove a large part of the queues at TSA in T5...
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Yeah, thumbs up to this. Assuming it actually happens. Can the OP provide a link or source?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:05 pm
glg

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Yeah, thumbs up to this. Assuming it actually happens. Can the OP provide a link or source?
It's well known in the Chicago forum that ords works at ORD and has access to inside information, so there won't be a link at this time. The plan may or may not be implemented. Note that he says "being looked at", so it's something in the planning stages now. Stuff like they have to figure out cost, who will pay for it, etc.

eg, just thinking, UA/*A will think AA/OW should pay more since two *A partners (LH and ANA) have departures in T1, so their connections are mostly to SK, where BA and IB will be able to drop their existing services if the airport runs one instead.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Please please please can this happen. Twice this year I've had to take the train to T5, once from T2 and once from T3. The security checkpoint in T5 during the morning isn't too bad, but in the afternoon it's awful. Last month it took me a half hour to get from the check in counter to the lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
This would be such a great thing. How do I ask my local politician to get this to happen?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:02 am
glg

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
This would be such a great thing. How do I ask my local politician to get this to happen?
Aldercritters don't seem to get much say about the airport. Either call Rahm or tell your airline it's needed and they need to pay for it.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Progress being made on this. So far a spring startup is the target date.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I can't elaborate on too many details but pickup points at T1/T2 and T3 have been identified with 4 drop off locations at T5. Still pushing for an April startup.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Thanks for the update, that's great news. 4 dropoff points seems like a lot -- will all four be used, or are they still deciding which of the four to use?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Thanks for the update, that's great news. 4 dropoff points seems like a lot -- will all four be used, or are they still deciding which of the four to use?
The plan is to have all 4 available and used when there's no departures in a gate.

The drop off areas are tied with a specific T5 gate that gives ADA access.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Looking at June 1st startup now but it does appear this is going to happen.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by glg
eg, just thinking, UA/*A will think AA/OW should pay more since two *A partners (LH and ANA) have departures in T1, so their connections are mostly to SK
TK, LO, OS, LX, and OZ also operate from T5, so there would be a fair number of *A passengers that would connect from a UA or AC flight to a *A flight leaving from T5.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Mar 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
TK, LO, OS, LX, and OZ also operate from T5, so there would be a fair number of *A passengers that would connect from a UA or AC flight to a *A flight leaving from T5.
And BR (EVA Air)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
And BR (EVA Air)
Yeah, forgot that one.
So it'll be four destinations (HND, NRT, MUC, FRA) operated by LH/NH from T1, while it'll be nine destinations (VIE, TPE, IST, WAW, KRK, ZRH, ICN, ARN, CPH) operated by *A airlines from T5.
It appears that most traffic connecting from UA/AC flights to non-UA/AC *A flights would require a transfer to T5.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Mar 21, 2017 at 9:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.