Reload this Page >

Taxi line dragons at ORD

Taxi line dragons at ORD

Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Taxi line dragons at ORD

Each taxi line at ORD has a sort of line monitor. I don't understand their purpose. You'd think they're there to get people's butts in taxis asap but they seem to spend most of their time SCREAMING at drivers over some infraction they seem to make up as they go while the line of people gets longer and longer. Sometimes the screaming escalates to the point that the monitor from the next line walks over to join the fray - leaving his/her line unattended.

Last edited by milepig; Oct 22, 2014 at 8:28 am
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
I don't understand their purpose.
vestigial

they seem to spend most of their time SCREAMING at drivers over some infraction they seem to make up as they go
mercurial

Sometimes the screaming escalates to the point that the monitor from the next line walks over to join the fray - leaving his/her line unattended.
unreliable

I have a feeling you haven't had the pleasure of interacting with enough CoC employees to understand this is the norm.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wto605
vestigial

mercurial

unreliable

I have a feeling you haven't had the pleasure of interacting with enough CoC employees to understand this is the norm.
Ah, just like the "green vest" traffic people, who do nothing except make traffic worse. All is now clear.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Ah, just like the "green vest" traffic people, who do nothing except make traffic worse. All is now clear.
Yes, the same people that work in groups of 3 or 4, and take their cues from the fully-functioning traffic lights as how to direct traffic.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Yes, the same people that work in groups of 3 or 4, and take their cues from the fully-functioning traffic lights as how to direct traffic.
...while emphatically demanding I turn right NOW NOW NOW - which if I followed their demand would then hurtle me right into a clutch of walkers legally crossing with the light.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:17 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by linglingfool
I live on Lake Shore Dr. near Wrigley. Every morning and evening, the rush hour traffic on Lake Shore local moves very smoothly without any assistance from the "traffic control" idiots. Yet when there is a Cubs game, these idiots manage to create complete gridlock. It's not uncommon to get stuck for several light cycles in a line of cars that can't move through an intersection because it's completely blocked by cross traffic -- which can't move because the intersection a block away has been blocked by cross traffic. I wish they'd eliminate these idiots altogether. [/vent]
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA PLT
Not a bad gig for $18.43/hr + benefits.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:45 pm
glg

Each taxi line at ORD has a sort of line monitor. I don't understand their purpose.
How long have you lived in Chicago? Long enough, right? They're somebody somebody sent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.